Interesting Interaction - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree46Likes

Interesting Interaction

This is a discussion on Interesting Interaction within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by walt629 You got a picture of an 'asshat'? I've never seen one. Oh! By the way, I ...

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    You got a picture of an 'asshat'? I've never seen one.

Oh! By the way, I agree with your definition of giving up the "me first" mentality. The right of way does count for something otherwise there wouldn't be a right of way.
    Asshat pics

Asshat image by stoxrox on Photobucket

Asshat image by sixohh on Photobucket

Asshat image by weil0054 on Photobucket

And then of course there is the asshat in chief:

Barack Obama news, photos and video - chicagotribune.com

I agree with BC1, I too would retreat until that was not an option and then meet force with force. You did the right thing by walking , Theses days you just don't know what people are going to do and that is one of the many reasons I CARRY!

To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

It happens to me all the time. And even though I have the right of way, I typically stop my car & let them back out & go about there business. In doing that, a conflict was avoided. And yes I know people sometimes feel entitled. However as a cwp holder, I feel that I have to try & hold myself to a higher standard. In other words, a car is backing out, I know I have the right of way. But if I wait about 5 seconds, they will be long gone. I didn't help escalate the situation. All is well. I don't have to now worry about looking over my shoulder.

Originally Posted by CapGun
    So if you had your gun on you you would risk in escalating an already stupid situation. If you did many people here would be lamenting the fact that you made things look bad for the rest of us that legally carry.
    Deserteagle's response below.

I would argue that pretty much any physical confrontation is a stupid situation, and that any time you introduce a firearm into a situation where one was not present already, you are escalating it. Im guessing you dont carry a gun because you would not want to risk "escalating" a situation if one day you get confronted by a person who wants to cause bodily harm to you.
    Well you got me. I am counting on someone like you to defend me and my family in such a situation. Though I do get a tingly feeling being a victim.
    BTW my post was all about being more civil and totally avoiding a "stupid" confrontation. Not about being walked on or giving up your precious right of way.
    You have to make sure you are not viewed as a wimp because you went out of your way to avoid confrontation where the "idiot" causing the problem might think you were less a man than he was? Really? Why does that matter?
    I just read your response to my post of weeks ago. So I responded now, hope you don't mind. Also how do you do all those quotes in one response box? Limited mental capacity here as you can tell by my post.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by clarkje View Post
    It happens to me all the time. And even though I have the right of way, I typically stop my car & let them back out & go about there business. In doing that, a conflict was avoided. And yes I know people sometimes feel entitled. However as a cwp holder, I feel that I have to try & hold myself to a higher standard. In other words, a car is backing out, I know I have the right of way. But if I wait about 5 seconds, they will be long gone. I didn't help escalate the situation. All is well. I don't have to now worry about looking over my shoulder.
    YES! EXACTLY! That thinking is what produced the quote>>> An armed society is a polite society." Good for you!
    NRA Life Member

hogdoc357 is offline HogDoc Olliday

Always walk away when you can; avoid fighting if possible, but defend yourself if attacked; never pull a gun on anyone you do not intend to shoot and make sure you are shooting someone you can legally shoot (proper self-defense situation by law). IMHO
    Byron
    "HogDoc Olliday"
    NRA*SASS*IDPA

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345