carry while riding motorcycle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

carry while riding motorcycle

This is a discussion on carry while riding motorcycle within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm looking for a holster to carry while riding my motorcycle. Open to all sugestions must be accessable with left ...

Default carry while riding motorcycle

I'm looking for a holster to carry while riding my motorcycle. Open to all sugestions must be accessable with left hand draw due to right hand on throttle. At this time I carry a Ruger SP101 .357, but am also looking at compact semi-autos.....

Use seach feature there was a long thread on this

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

There are numerous threads on this all ready, but I do know the search function isn't that easy to use.

My suggestion, use whatever holster you normally use. I would not get an additional holster that I would have to transition my firearm to so I can reach it with my left hand because the right use uses the throttle. I can't imagine a situation where you would have to shoot while using the throttle. Can you? If you are moving, it would be better to focus on accelerating (or stopping) to get out of the danger, than to divide your attention on drawing while keeping your bike upright. If you are stopped, you will either accelerate out of danger, or get off your bike and draw.

I use a fobus level II retention holster on my weapon side (right side since I am right handed). I went with a level II just for confidence that it wont go anywhere if I am involved in a crash. I carry openly because proper motorcycle gear is too restrictive to conceal and be able to get to my firearm if I need it.

Some people don't have an issue with getting their gloved hand into a jacket pocket to get their concealed firearm, I can't do that.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shield06 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rob View Post
    I'm looking for a holster to carry while riding my motorcycle. Open to all sugestions must be accessable with left hand draw due to right hand on throttle. At this time I carry a Ruger SP101 .357, but am also looking at compact semi-autos.....
    Bro this isnt die hard 2. This is the real world you dont have shoot outs while driving on a bike doing a buck 20 on the highway. Lol are you kidding?i gotta say this is were i hate movies. Everybody wants to be a badass cause they can legally carry.

Larry Saxon is offline gunslinger57

Cool

i use a blackhawk serpa 2 holster for carry. have a left side, rotated foward for rt. hand crossdraw, or i also use the same holster in a rt. hand carry. this is always worn strong side 3-4 o'clock posistion. my daily carry is a kimber ultra carry, i keep a spare mag in each of my front cargo pockets, so i can access them from either side. also practice shootin offhand(left), as much as i do strong hand, and can shoot well with either hand.
    been riding for 20 years, have 3 different style's of bikes, a old 67 flh bobber, an 06 nitetrain, & a 883 sportster. what icarry, & how depends on many factors. i agree with the above poster's. if i'm rollin, i will find a safe area to pull over, then stand my ground if needed. shooting while riding will just add too many negative factors to a self defense scenario. peace through strength, larry
    Last edited by Larry Saxon; 06-28-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: additional info

ctyler656 is offline Chuck

I wear a vest that has deep inside pockets on both sides that snap closed. Inside the pockets are elastic straps that go over the gun barrel and keep the gun in the proper position. The vest was made for police undercover and cost about $79 a few years ago. It is a very nice vest and has held up very well.

ccsandsm is offline CCSANDSM

I wear the same setup MC riding as I do any other time...an IWB holster at the 4:00 position (and I usually carry a Glock 22). With my safety gear and oversize shirt, it can't be detected and I find it to be comfortable.

An inside the waistband is the way to go. On facebook, check out Veteran Holster. I use one on my bike and it's so comfortable I sometimes find myself reaching back to ensure it's still there. And, I carry a full-size Springfield Armory XD(M) in .40S&W. WWW.veteranholster.com. Site still in progress. His holsters are about 30% less than anyone else out there. And, there's a lifetime warranty on his stuff. And, you help support not just a small fledgling business, but one owned and operated by a dis-Abled veteran.Name:  IMG_20120627_194343.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  514.8 KB
    James A Singer, BS, RRT

Quote Originally Posted by ccsandsm View Post
    I wear the same setup MC riding as I do any other time...an IWB holster at the 4:00 position (and I usually carry a Glock 22). With my safety gear and oversize shirt, it can't be detected and I find it to be comfortable.
    Same here with pps. Vest with 1911.

This may seem off top[ic, but it really is about a holster. I saw an ad for a belly bandholster taht says it can handle small to medium frame autos. Iy may sdeem sort of stupid, but I have a Springfield XD40and no one can tell me if it is a medium or large frame auto. I want to try the belly band, but I don't want to have to buy it, only to find out my gun won't fit in it. Thnx.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast