Employer liability from recommending CCW-During non-work activities.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Employer liability from recommending CCW-During non-work activities.

This is a discussion on Employer liability from recommending CCW-During non-work activities. within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Does anyone here know of any cases where an employer was held liable in any sort of way for recommending ...

Default Employer liability from recommending CCW-During non-work activities.

Does anyone here know of any cases where an employer was held liable in any sort of way for recommending a CCW?

Hypothetical situation:

An employer writes a letter to the PD or Sheriff recommending a CCW and the employee is granted a permit because of the recommendation. The permit holder uses his CCW in a non work-related situation (not at, near or in any way involved with work) and things go bad, is the employer in any way liable because it was instrumental in the granting of the CCW?

What if the permit holder's firearm falls into the wrong hands and it is involved in a crime or an accidental shooting? Granted, this should never happen if the firearm is handled responsibly, but for the sake of argument....

Anyone have experience with this or know of cases related to this concern?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Steve

Why would a job be held responsible for any of the above ? Just wondering is McDonalds to account for you getting fat ? Can you sue ruger because u shot your self in the leg ?

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    Why would a job be held responsible for any of the above ? Just wondering is McDonalds to account for you getting fat ?
    We could also ask if McDonald's is to account for you burning yourself with their coffee but we all know how that played out.

I realize this is a silly question when viewed rationally but there is little rationale when some people and some lawyers see an opportunity to squeeze money out of... anyone. In my eyes the employer has NO liability in this but my eyes don't control the legal system.

I'm just curious if there is a precedent in this matter.

Ok well get a letter from your employer . And then kill someone and well see how it plays out just make sure to post from jail . I'm sure they would have a field day with that . Basically like my mom said it was ok to carry the gun on me so it's ok .... Come on man this Is a serious site go troll Facebook bro

If you don't like my posts or question, move on and take your childish posts elsewhere. I think it's a valid question. If it I didn't, I wouldn't have posted it. If you don't like it, YOU can go troll someone else's thread.

The issue I see in your hypothetical is that the company/boss is not nor will they ever be the "granting" authority for a CCW. They will only make a recommendation to the sheriff/police. Now, on the recommendation of another... I would say that one person vouching for another had better be sure they are willing to put their name on the line for said person. Hope that helps.

Lol wait till other people read this and lay into you bro ... Whatever hey my ? For you should I conceal my .50 cal rifle ? What holster should I use ? Is it best to carry my weapon in my hand out in the open with no holster telling people I see get on the floor now ?

I read your OP a little wrong. I thought you had said the employer would grant the CCW. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Marine View Post
    I read you OP a little wrong. I thought you had said the employer would grant the CCW. My mistake.

Read his post one more time if I lose the gun would the boss be in trouble ? If I shoot someone off the work site and it ends up bad would they take the fall come on bro lol .....

I have never heard of this, but I also don't live in a state where you are required to get references for a ccw, which it sounds like from your op. On one hand, I cannot imagine their being any responsibility. But this is America and anyone can be sued and many settle out of court due to costs.
    Ignore justxboxin, or get used to his silliness.

Just curious, where are you from, and are references required there for a ccw?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast