Finally Spotted Someone - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Finally Spotted Someone

This is a discussion on Finally Spotted Someone within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by wmodavis Yeah! Nothing could happen at church thay would make you wish you were carrying. Right? A ...

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Yeah!
    Nothing could happen at church thay would make you wish you were carrying.
    Right?
    A number at mine carry and two of us glock owners were having a nice time 'carrying on' just a bit ago.
    Not over the top or excessive at all.
    Treo is absolutely correct. I carry at church all the time. I just think a shiny SR-9 sitting in the open on my hip would be a bit much. I barely go downstairs without my gun.

"Hey Buddy, your slip is showing!
    NRA Life Member

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by bswartz15 View Post
    Treo is absolutely correct.
    You say that like it's a rare occurence
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You say that like it's a rare occurence
    No, I am just glad someone understood what I was saying.

There are stories of gunfights happening even at churches. If you carry, than carry. Thinking about it only gives you a false sense of security.

I sorta go with the idea that the reason we don't "make" CCers is because carrying a firearm is not a big deal to us. It's just another part of our wardrobe, like 'wears or a belt. We've become comfortable (but not complacent!) with our self-protection and just naturally assume others should/would/could, too. I don't go lookin' anymore than I would go lookin' at some guy's butt. 'Course, if I saw someone "uncovered" by accident, I'd prob'ly give 'im a little nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    I sorta go with the idea that the reason we don't "make" CCers is because carrying a firearm is not a big deal to us. It's just another part of our wardrobe, like 'wears or a belt. We've become comfortable (but not complacent!) with our self-protection and just naturally assume others should/would/could, too. I don't go lookin' anymore than I would go lookin' at some guy's butt. 'Course, if I saw someone "uncovered" by accident, I'd prob'ly give 'im a little nudge.
    i feel like many of us dont go looking specifically either but for many carrying a firearm means you must be more aware of your surrounding and people around you, in order to be prepared for any situation and not get caught off guard. many people are oblivious but those who carry seem more focus and aware with almost enhanced senses. this being said i think a person who carries will notice a fellow carrier more often and easier than anyone else.

i never looked to see if anyone was carrying or not till i decided to be one myself.........but years ago i was on a city bus and someone thought i was carrying a gun and asked me and even reached out to pat where he thought it was i was like wtf????lol
    gun control is being able to hit your target

You say "Finally Spotted Someone" as if it's an intentional part of your daily routine. I've been carrying for years and have never noticed anyone else carrying. Mainly, because I don't look for it. I conceal carry everywhere. Church, shopping, etc. If anyone else is carrying, fine. I just don't concern myself with it.
    Gun control... Itís not a new idea... Just a bad one!

As an exercise in situational awareness, I always try to spot CCers. It's not easy most of the time. I've confirmed about half a dozen with probably ten times that number suspected. Remember, be courteous to everyone but have a plan to kill everyone. To that I would add "...while assuming they all are armed." Like I said, it's really just to keep my observational skills sharp
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast