Finally Spotted Someone
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Finally Spotted Someone

This is a discussion on Finally Spotted Someone within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I finally spotted someone carrying today, standing in line at church to take my kid to the nursery I noticed ...

Default Finally Spotted Someone

I finally spotted someone carrying today, standing in line at church to take my kid to the nursery I noticed someone carrying what appeared to be a compact semi-auto. His shirt and come up a little and got caught on the grip of his gun leaving it partially exposed. He was using a IWB holster with a loose button up shirt and carrying his kid. I can't imagine anyone else saw it, I know my wife had no idea and she was right next to me. Most people would not assume gun as their first thought.His shirt came down concealing his weapon before I had the chance to say anything. I did not want to loudly announce it but I was going to tell him that it was visible. It was nice to know that other people carry as well sometimes it seems like no one else does (other then people on this website).

although i have never "made" anyone when they were carrying im sure i have came across many that were carry and it was just not known. i do find it funny that many of us here and on other forums, myself included at times, are oblivious to the number of people who do actually carry. at times it seems like many of us think we are part of this almost elite club, or secret society (since its unknown to everyone around us we have a firearm) but its a lot more common than many of us may even realize. if we could take a mall filled with people on any given day and know how many people were carrying i think it would shock many of us.

Thus the term ... concealed. :-)

That's the whole point. You're not supposed to know if someone's carrying. :-) Did you end up saying anything to him? That would have been the perfect opportunity to just give a friendly heads-up that he needs to be a bit more conscious of his CC habits.

It would be great to know that lots of other people are carrying, I hope the number is higher then I would guess.

I did not get a chance to say anything and the gun became concealed again as his shirt fell back over it so it was not as big of a deal. Indiana allows open carry so it is not as strict as some states when it comes to keeping it concealed.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it a simple " Hey Chuck you might want to pull your shirt tail down" would have worked just fine
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Default Finally Spotted Someone

Yeah I agree with treo

I would say I hope it wasn't me you saw, but I wear t-shirts and not button downs. My wife ended up telling one of the ladies in my church that I carry, and she feels better knowing that someone does. I will probably start open carrying soon, but not to church as that seems a bit excessive.

Yeah!
    Nothing could happen at church thay would make you wish you were carrying.
    Right?
    A number at mine carry and two of us glock owners were having a nice time 'carrying on' just a bit ago.
    Not over the top or excessive at all.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Yeah!
    Nothing could happen at church thay would make you wish you were carrying.
    He never said he wouldn't carry, he said he wouldn't open carry
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast