Traveling threw Illinois
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Traveling threw Illinois

This is a discussion on Traveling threw Illinois within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; My wife and I are leaving on a multi state motorcycle journey in a couple weeks. My route passes right ...

Default Traveling threw Illinois

My wife and I are leaving on a multi state motorcycle journey in a couple weeks. My route passes right threw Illinois. My Florida concealed weapons license gets me threw most states without an issue. But then there's Illinois. I'll just be passing threw heading Northwest from Kentucky to Missouri, without stopping for a night. Since I'm just passing threw, I don't expect any troubles with the law. But, before I enter the state, I plan to disassemble my Ruger LC9 and carry it in one saddlebag, and carry the ammo in the other saddlebag. I'd love to hear any comments from any Illinois residents or better yet, LEO's on carrying a weapon threw the state.

Google "FOPA" and follow the requirements TO THE LETTER.

LEGALLY you will be on firm ground.

My preference would be to avoid Illinois. If you have no actual business there, I'd take a different rout and spend your money where it's wanted.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf
    That's the link to the IL State Police pamphlet on firearm transport. But I agree with Deanimator...since the People's Republic of Illinois still doesn't believe in the 2d A., better to not take chances.

I'll make a note of that for my next spelling test

Unloaded and in a case (ammo in a mag in the same case but not the gun is ok... OR
    Disassembled and with ammo in a different place not readily accessible.
    Don't consent to a search ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwruss View Post
    I'll make a note of that for my next spelling test
    I wasn't trying to be an ass, just pointing it out.

Shield06 is offline Banned

Default Traveling threw Illinois

Threw...hahahahahahahahahaha

Print out the law and carry it with you.....
    When liberals run out of other people's right to infridge upon, how many will give up theirs?

GlockOclock is offline Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by bmwruss View Post
    My wife and I are leaving on a multi state motorcycle journey in a couple weeks. My route passes right threw Illinois. My Florida concealed weapons license gets me threw most states without an issue. But then there's Illinois. I'll just be passing threw heading Northwest from Kentucky to Missouri, without stopping for a night. Since I'm just passing threw, I don't expect any troubles with the law. But, before I enter the state, I plan to disassemble my Ruger LC9 and carry it in one saddlebag, and carry the ammo in the other saddlebag. I'd love to hear any comments from any Illinois residents or better yet, LEO's on carrying a weapon threw the state.
    I don't know why you'd trust a LEO to give you an accurate answer. They're not known for their bright legal minds. The last time I asked a LEO a firearm related question I got a scoff and a smart ***** answer that would've gotten my a felony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast