South carolina considering no license for concealed carry! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
Like Tree44Likes

South carolina considering no license for concealed carry!

This is a discussion on South carolina considering no license for concealed carry! within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by cluznar Every state should at least require fingerprints and completing a handgun safety/handling class. Why should the ...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Every state should at least require fingerprints and completing a handgun safety/handling class.

    Why should the Second Amendment be more regulated than the First Amendment or Fourth Amendment? Let's apply your argument to the Fourth Amendment. The Fourth Amendment protects us from unreasonable and unlawful search and seizure. This is a HUGE impediment to the efforts of law enforcement to catch real criminals. So....how about this. In order to have the protection offered by the Fourth Amendment, a person must submit fingerprints, a background check, and take a basic law course, pay a fee, and obtain a permit for Fourth Amendment protection. That would make things so much easier, wouldn't it? Then all LEO has to do is ask someone for their Fourth Amendment Protection permit. No permit - guess what - LEO can now search at will, no warrant necessary, and any evidence of criminal activity can be used against the subject. Would that not make LEO's job so much easier? Would that not keep criminals from hiding their evidence securely behind the Fourth Amendment. Would that not be good for society as a whole?

    So, why applies these foolish requirements to carrying a gun and not to the Fourth Amendment? Or lets make training, fingerprints, background check and permit required to post on the internet. That would weed out a lot of crap posted, wouldn't it?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Would you give a gun to the person who raped and murdered your child just because he completed his sentence?
    I personally would not give them a gun. But let me ask you this...if they are such a danger to society that we can't trust them with a gun, then why are they released to walk the streets? What is to keep them from using a knife? What is to keep them from strangling someone? We have this law that makes it illegal for felons from every possessing a gun. What about the guy who has a felony for writing bad checks or a felony for forging his wife's name on a document? There are thousands of crimes out there that are felonies that you would not believe could be the level of a felony? So do we keep those non-violent criminals from being able to protect themselves and their families from the rapists and murderers?

    How about taking away the Fourth Amendment rights of felons? If they aren't safe enough to have a gun, then why should we consider them safe enough to have Fourth Amendment protection? Shouldn't the cops be allowed to roll them up and search them/their possession because they have a felony conviction and are such a danger to society now? Why is the Second Amendment worthy of so much more regulation than the Fourth Amendment?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

  3. #33
    S&W645's Avatar
    S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    Considering the way some use their freedom of speech,yes. A certain Church, I believe it is Hillsboro Baptist, is in the habit of picketing the funerals of slain soldiers. Some journalists seem to abuse freedom of the press. We have also forgotten the concept of majority rules and have substituted, the loudest minority rules. This is not the country visualized by our founding fathers. They were against a national religion such as was practiced in Europe. A system where you were persecuted unless you belonged to the recognized denomination. They did favor recognizing that God existed and that they needed his guidance. In fact they opened their meetings with prayer. I don't think they visualized the day the 10 Commandments couldn't be posted in a courthouse. When people would want to remove the name of God from monuments and public buildings. This is a different America.
    Name of the "church" is Westboro Baptist. They plan to picket Arlington National Cemetery.
    Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, VA July 25, 2012 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
    Please picket the picketers.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I personally would not give them a gun. But let me ask you this...if they are such a danger to society that we can't trust them with a gun, then why are they released to walk the streets? What is to keep them from using a knife? What is to keep them from strangling someone? We have this law that makes it illegal for felons from every possessing a gun. What about the guy who has a felony for writing bad checks or a felony for forging his wife's name on a document? There are thousands of crimes out there that are felonies that you would not believe could be the level of a felony? So do we keep those non-violent criminals from being able to protect themselves and their families from the rapists and murderers?

    How about taking away the Fourth Amendment rights of felons? If they aren't safe enough to have a gun, then why should we consider them safe enough to have Fourth Amendment protection? Shouldn't the cops be allowed to roll them up and search them/their possession because they have a felony conviction and are such a danger to society now? Why is the Second Amendment worthy of so much more regulation than the Fourth Amendment?
    Navy, how are you?

    That is the $100,000 question. Why are they released when they clearly pose a threat to society. Some claim because of prison overcrowing. Lane County, Oregon just released 92 prisoners, three of whom are murderers (one man awaiting trial for beating another to death was released with an ankle bracelet). How do they explain this to the next victim? Why are they provided rent subsidies by the fed government?

    I'm willing to pay a prison tax to build more jails. I'm also in favor of taking away the consititutional rights of all dangerous felons. Notify the entire country today... if you exercise free-will and commit a violent felony against another person you will lose your rights. Just the fact that you're allowed to live... everything else is cake.

    The fourth is now being violated on a regular basis. This stop-and-frisk stuff also has to stop.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Navy, how are you?
    Well, currently floating somewhere on the Pacific ocean aboard USS Nimitz in the middle of RIMPAC 2012! We are on extremely vigilant lookout to find the alien spaceship at any moment now :-) (movie Battleship, if you haven't seen it).
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

  6. #36
    tattedupboy's Avatar
    tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,634

    Default

    If South Carolina were to become a permit-optional state, would the permit-optional provision reply to both residents and nonresidents?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    I may be in the small minority but I consider this "paid his debt to society" talk about convicted felons who have been released from jail pure unadulterated BS of the first degree. If Bernie Madoff or whatever his name is ever gets out of prison he will be just starting to having repaid his debt. The drunk driver who puts someone in a wheelchair for the rest of his life cannot repay his debt to "society" by serving 5 years in jail and then be restored his full rights because he probably won't run over another child playing in his front yard on a Sunday afternoon. Both the "white collar" criminal who ruined hundreds of peoples lives and the drunk who ran into my friends front yard killing his two year old and crippling his wife can never repay their debt and do not ever deserve to have their rights restored. Neither one will probably do it again so can be let out rather than us having to feed and board them but they do not deserve the same rights as someone who tried to live within the bounds of society.

    The convicted felon whether it is a red, blue, white, green or yellow collar criminal gets no sympathy from me about not being able to carry a gun just because they are deemed to no longer be a threat to society. The prison sentence that they served was only part of their punishment as their victims have to suffer every day for the rest of their lives. If you want them to stay in prison rather than walking around on the streets let them earn their keep in some way rather than costing the taxpayers $30,000+ a year. If you want to cry on someone's shoulder about you can't have a gun now then find that child's grave or the person you crippled to the point that they can't shoot a gun now and see if they will let you cry on their shoulder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •