Question? Carry ccw in church
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Question? Carry ccw in church

This is a discussion on Question? Carry ccw in church within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; What do you guys think? I attend church in Missouri. Our church is held in a high school auditorium rented ...

Default Question? Carry ccw in church

What do you guys think? I attend church in Missouri. Our church is held in a high school auditorium rented by the church on the weekends. The church leadership does not have a issue with carrying. My question is does the school carry ban apply in this situation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

revmedic is offline Johnny O

That is a very good question that I've never thought of. Wisconsin also has a prohibition against carrying into a school zone unless you are in your car and picking up your child. We just planted a church last year that meets in a school, and I never considered that if I visited it, I'd have to leave my pistol in the car.

In Arkansas, CCL carry is prohibited in churches. However, I believe there has been proposed legistlation to change that.

Missouri law prohibits carry on school property. Period. No exceptions. Churches, et al, are also prohibited by statute unless there is permission granted by its leaders (one would suggest it is wise to get that permission in writing before doing so.) Check the Attorney General's web site for current law under chapters 563 and 571 at http://ago.mo.gov

bpmoffit is offline Rev.

Only Person I have seen shot to death was in a church in MS. in the late '70s ( suicide ) Long story short The pastor and most of the male congregation as well as some of the females were armed faster than I could believe. If the poor bastard had pointed that gun at any one other than himself he would have been swiss cheese.

there was a shooting in co,3-5 years ago at a church by were this movie shooting happened,an off duty church goer shot the perp,,im begining to think we need to pass laws that,meen ccw is everywere,just like the 2nd amendment says ''you have a right to keep and bear arms''

Quote Originally Posted by tomsmith51 View Post
    Missouri law prohibits carry on school property. Period. No exceptions. Churches, et al, are also prohibited by statute unless there is permission granted by its leaders (one would suggest it is wise to get that permission in writing before doing so.) Check the Attorney General's web site for current law under chapters 563 and 571 at http://ago.mo.gov
    Thats what someone told me Tht if you have permission from your pastor or church council/board it's ok

Shoobee is offline Banned

I think if you feel you need to carry your piece in your church then you are going to the wrong church.

I never bring any weapons into The House Of God.

I leave them in the car.

If you carry concealed then no one will know you have it with you anyway. If you happen to need it, better you face spending money on a lawyer in court than either your family spending money paying for a funeral or you paying for a family members funeral. I also live in MO and am always carrying, including Church on Sunday. It's got nothing to do with how you feel about your church or your relationship with Jesus, it is about being prepared for Satan to do what he is given authority to do here on earth. And the "House of God" is not sacred, only your relationship with Jesus is sacred. :)
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

In VA carrying in church is not allowed... unless you have "good and sufficient reason" to do so. Our Attorney General has stated that self defense qualifies. That said, I have not carried in church and doubt I will.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast