Illinois Ban on Cocealed Carry, Convictions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Illinois Ban on Cocealed Carry, Convictions.

This is a discussion on Illinois Ban on Cocealed Carry, Convictions. within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I want to find any Case in Illinois, where somebody used a Concealed Handgun in self Defense and was convicted ...

Exclamation Illinois Ban on Cocealed Carry, Convictions.

I want to find any Case in Illinois, where somebody used a Concealed Handgun in self Defense and was convicted of Violating the Ban on Concealed Carry in Illinois. Are there any cases that were dismissed or otherwise not prosecuted? I do not want anyone to get the wrong idea, I do not advocate violating the existing Law. This is for research/knowledge purposes only!

there was a guy in highland park?,5-10 years ago,that stopped a robber [the second time] in his house and then pres/senater obama wanted him convicted of a gun voilation,there were several people in cook county arested for assalt weapons5-10 years ago,,the NRA probabuly has a public list

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    there was a guy in highland park?,5-10 years ago,that stopped a robber [the second time] in his house and then pres/senater obama wanted him convicted of a gun voilation,there were several people in cook county arested for assalt weapons5-10 years ago,,the NRA probabuly has a public list

Please attach a link to all relevant stories.....
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Thank you, for your response. I am looking specifically for a Concealed Carry incident, in which a person in Illinois used their Gun in Self Defense and was Arrested and Convicted of Violating the Concealed Carry Ban. Secondly, any person that has been convicted of violating the Illinois Ban on Concealed Carry. I have personally never seen or heard of a Case going to Trial . When we would talk about it forty or so years ago, we would always end up with the hope that somebody would fight the Law, after being Arrested and Convicted of the Offense. Without a Case to take to a higher Court, there was not a way to fight it, other than the NRA,filing a Lawsuit. The Madigan's that run the State of Illinois are Legal Experts and would know that, without a Caselaw Precident, that could be Appealled... the Law would not be challenged and overturned. Until finally, Moore v Madigan. We owe Mr.Moore and Mrs.Shepard and The Second Amendment Foundation, illinoiscarry.com and the irsa.org a great deal of respect and Gratitude.

google it,i lived there back then

Google what? There is no info. on any case, do you have a name, date, place?

Hale DeMar, of Wilmette, Ill,,,,,home invasion or obama ill. senate/guns,

dmaxx3500: Thank you, but that case was involving a Home Invasion and the only issue was an expired FOID Card, which is why Illinois changed a few Laws in our favor, in regards to Self Defense in the Home or Business. I am seeking info. for outside of the Home... Conceal Carry.

hogwyld, great stuff about Castle Doctrine Law, (home/business). I am looking for just ... a Conceal Carry Violation that was Prosecuted after a Self Defense Shooting, or a Conceal Carry Violation that was Prosecuted against a Valid Foid Card Holder. I do not believe either has ever happened in the last 50 years in Illinois. It is not to say that nobody has shot somebody while illegally Carrying a gun (according to Illinois Law) or that a Cop has not Arrested a person for violating the Ban on Concealed Carry. I simply believe there is an unwritten rule against prosecuting, non criminals, who do Conceal Carry. I believe the Charges are not Prosecuted, so no Appeal can Squash the Law as Unconstitutional. This is from a basic understanding of it had to have happened several times by now by any statistical analysis of the Population numbers. Yet, there is not even one Case! The worst that probably happens is you lose your FOID Card. The Madigans were Right, it took us too long to figure out their strategy... Thank 's to Moore v Madigan, we won't wait for a Conviction, Precident Case, that was never going to come! When you control the Ball, you have most of the control of the Game, Illinois now has lost the Ball in Play to the Courthouse and it is time for us to Win this Game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast