opinions on which handgun to get?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

opinions on which handgun to get?

This is a discussion on opinions on which handgun to get? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I am looking at getting my first handgun when i get home from Afghanistan. I was leading toward the M&P ...

Default opinions on which handgun to get?

I am looking at getting my first handgun when i get home from Afghanistan. I was leading toward the M&P 9, but after reading a little on here it seems like most people prefer the Glock 19. Which is better in your opinion? Or if you think something else would be a better first handgun what is it and why? Thank you.

assuming you are military, what kind of pistol do you carry if you do whilst serving? too bad they don't let you keep your service arms when you get out ......seems to me they should imo........but i wouldn't know which gun would be a good carry piece for you ......just try out those that interest you and make a choice..best wishes and welcome to the forum
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I'm a big M&P fan and favor it heavily over the Glock. However I'm not you, so the best course of action is too find and shoot both to determine which you like best.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

XfNujNplhaib is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

I got a 19 and love it! But I'm planning to get a M&P Shield, if I can get my hands on one. Good luck!

Go with the Springfield XD!!!! It is an extreme duty weapon and can handle about anything you throw at it.

RonaldGAdams is offline Colonel, USAFR (Ret)

The first question to answer is "for what are you going to use it?" If EDC then the small Glocks or new Shield but if for competition, the larger Glocks or Springfield...the M&P is a good gun too but I'm not a fan of the unmodified trigger. As SGB said, tho, rent whatever suits your fancy before you buy.

Hey, first I'd like to say is thanks for your service. I use the following:

XD 3.8 in 9mm
    Ruger sr9c
    XDs .45
    Sig Sauer p238
    I don't like the glock grip angle, but that's just me. They ate reliable and time tested.

Sorry. ......are......

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by pix905 View Post
    I am looking at getting my first handgun when i get home from Afghanistan. I was leading toward the M&P 9, but after reading a little on here it seems like most people prefer the Glock 19. Which is better in your opinion? Or if you think something else would be a better first handgun what is it and why? Thank you.
    You cannot go wrong with the Glock 19.

I still own my Gen 2 Glock 19 (It's 19 years old) and it still looks and performs as good as it did when I bought it new.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Blog Entries

if you are going to cc and you are not set on the 9 mm i would recommend something in .45, the glock 36 is a small single stack easy to conceal. springfield just came out w/ the xd-s which is also a .45 and is supposed to be even smaller than the glock 36. i normally carry colt .380 but i am going to upgrade to one of the above for the power of the .45. nothing against the 9,i just prefer the knock down capability of the .45.

check them out.
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast