Rules - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Rules

This is a discussion on Rules within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by kelcarry C'mon guys who stand up for this thread. He says "can I carry pretty much anywhere?"---so ...

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    C'mon guys who stand up for this thread. He says "can I carry pretty much anywhere?"---so he does not even know that there are state laws? If he is that "lame" the idea that he either is or will be CC is scary and ridiculous. Hey, I got to get away from this thread now, better conversations with a rock in a my garden.
    Thank you my three year old daughter has more common sense.

C'mon guys who stand up for this thread. He says "can I carry pretty much anywhere?"---so he does not even know that there are state laws? If he is that "lame" the idea that he either is or will be CC is scary and ridiculous. Hey, I got to get away from this thread now, better conversations with a rock in a my garden.
    Would you prefer that he stay that naive? I know people who have gotten scared enough to decide they need to buy a gun and get a concealed carry license, but they've never owned a gun before, never hung out in circles where guns were topics of discussion and don't have the slightest clue what the gun laws are, other than the fact that a new concealed carry law was recently passed. They've just gotten to the point where crime or some other event in their life has convinced them that they need protection that they never needed before. This is actually a common scenario with women in domestic violence scenarios. So just because you're used to hanging out in circles and/or in areas where guns are a common topic and where people already know about gun laws, don't make the mistake of assuming evryone else knows about those things as well, because that simply isn't true.

Is the original poster in this thread one of those people? I have no idea. None of us do. But it would be pretty lame of us to simply ignore a call for help, especially in light of another small fact. He posted one time and this thread has 10 replies, but it also has 265 views. Who's to say if some other newbie isn't watching and wondering what the answers are to those same questions? Who's to say if someone else isn't considering asking some other questions and is looking at this thread to gauge how well we answer questions from newbies? How good of an impression does it make if they see someone else log on and ask a question, only to be labeled a troll and insulted? Even if you're right about this guy, us giving valid answers does no harm, and may well do some good for others, and for the site. If you don't want to answer, fine. Go play with your rocks. But you don't need to rain on everyone else's parade.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GLADad View Post
    OR maybe he wants to see the laws to see if CC is even something to consider! I looked up the laws of my state to see if the permit was even worth getting before I invested in taking classes and applying for my permit.
    Same as what I did, then I found out my county and my city were shall-not-issue due to the sheriff and the police chief. In Heller the USSC agrees with the notion of states, counties, and cities making their own rules for CCW or OC, only that they cannot also prevent ownership and possession and state of readiness within the home. And that's coming from Scalia, one of the more strict constructionist justices. So I guess he believes that the Pilgrims did not bring their weapons out in town.

Could be a Teamster though. They pretty much carry everwhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Maybe he is maybe he is not a troll, but folks tend to be nervous and just want to be sure, check with your state CC office and request a copy of the regs.
    I am sure this is available online with only a little bit of googling.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryThompson View Post
    where can i find all the laws about carrying concealed. can i carry pretty much anywhere?
    If this is an admin troll, by an admin, to boost the post count, ok I will play along.

If this is a person in Georgia who just discovered this website, then here goes.

Georgia is *not* a constitutional carry state like Vermont and Arizona. In Vermont and Arizona anyone can carry CCW.

In Georgia you need to fill out papers and pay a fee for the processing costs, in order to obtain a permit to CCW.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Georgia is "shall issue to residents only."

Then follow the link on the map to find out which other states recognize your Georgia permit and which do not.

No you cannot carry wherever you want. Not until we get 9 new justices on the USSC who can read plain English.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Would you prefer that he stay that naive? I know people who have gotten scared enough to decide they need to buy a gun and get a concealed carry license, but they've never owned a gun before, never hung out in circles where guns were topics of discussion and don't have the slightest clue what the gun laws are, other than the fact that a new concealed carry law was recently passed. They've just gotten to the point where crime or some other event in their life has convinced them that they need protection that they never needed before. This is actually a common scenario with women in domestic violence scenarios. So just because you're used to hanging out in circles and/or in areas where guns are a common topic and where people already know about gun laws, don't make the mistake of assuming evryone else knows about those things as well, because that simply isn't true.

Is the original poster in this thread one of those people? I have no idea. None of us do. But it would be pretty lame of us to simply ignore a call for help, especially in light of another small fact. He posted one time and this thread has 10 replies, but it also has 265 views. Who's to say if some other newbie isn't watching and wondering what the answers are to those same questions? Who's to say if someone else isn't considering asking some other questions and is looking at this thread to gauge how well we answer questions from newbies? How good of an impression does it make if they see someone else log on and ask a question, only to be labeled a troll and insulted? Even if you're right about this guy, us giving valid answers does no harm, and may well do some good for others, and for the site. If you don't want to answer, fine. Go play with your rocks. But you don't need to rain on everyone else's parade.

The reason so many people looked and didn't comment ??? Because it's a dumb ? To ask

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

C'mon guys who stand up for this thread. He says "can I carry pretty much anywhere?"---so he does not even know that there are state laws?
    And the issue is??? In Colorado I can carry "pretty much anywhere".
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Default Rules

You can carry every where but Denver treo?

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    The reason so many people looked and didn't comment ??? Because it's a dumb ? To ask
    That's another possibility. I can't deny that. But just as with the possibilities I brought up, none of us can know which is true. So when a brand new person comes to the USA Carry forum and posts a question lacking just about every detail needed for a good and complete answer, what should be the default response of this forum? Should we attempt to answer the question as best we can or should we label the poster a troll and toss insults at him? What kind of face do we want to put forth to people coming to this site? My position personally, and I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me, is that we answer as best we can, and it doesn't matter if the guy turns out to be a troll or not. This site, this forum our rights and all of what those stand for are more important than what he personally feels or what anyone here personally feels about him. Like it or not, what we do here is watched. And what we do here will be used by some as the basis for their opinion of gun owners. If you don't think that matters, you haven't been paying attention (not you personally justxboxin). People do use their stereotypical image of gun owners as part of their political battles against us. And like it or not, those stereotypes do indeed register with some people in this country. People who vote. It shouldn't matter. Those kinds of unfair stereotypes shouldn't be propagated, and people shouldn't give them any credence at all. But I'm sure we all know by now that there are a lot of things in this world that are, even though they shouldn't be. So again, my personal position is that we err on the side of putting forth the right attitude and right image, and answer the questions. Be positive rather than negative. Let the anti-gunners be negative.
    [/soapbox]
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast