CCL equals Safer Cities!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Techsan
  • 1 Post By Dan Cox
  • 1 Post By Jayman720
  • 1 Post By mmckee1952

CCL equals Safer Cities!

This is a discussion on CCL equals Safer Cities! within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; To the best of my knowledge, every state with legal carry has lowered violent crime rates. Those cities that most ...

Default CCL equals Safer Cities!

To the best of my knowledge, every state with legal carry has lowered violent crime rates. Those cities that most stringently limit their citizens' rights to carry and defend themselves have the highest murder rates.

More of a statement than a question, but you are correct.

A fact that needs more Media Coverage, the general public are misinformed about CCL holders and that is a cause for fear among them. I would like to see more information being publicized about the crimes that CCL holders have stopped or prevented.

it would go against their anti gun agenda if that sort of story made headline news
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by Techsan View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, every state with legal carry has lowered violent crime rates. Those cities that most stringently limit their citizens' rights to carry and defend themselves have the highest murder rates.
    And in other news, water is wet and Harry Reid is an idiot.

;)

If more people carried and more perps were shot the bad guys might be less likely to rob and kill. I realize some desperate ones still would but not as many.

Remember, no bad guy wants to get shot, so knowing more people had guns would have to scare them. Especially knowing those people had training with firearms and practice a lot.

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Dr. John R. Lott, jr. put out a great book called "More Guns Less Crime" it really looks really deep at that fact, also check out Florida's crime stats showing before and after they allowed CCW and what all of the pundents said that there would be blood in the streets if Florida allowed the CCW law.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsan View Post
    Technically 49 out of 50 states have some method of "legal carry". The only one that doesnt is Illinois. So is your point that all of those 49 states have lower violent crime rates than Illinois' violent crime rate? Maybe throw in some numbers and sources to prove it

I do know one thing. The bad guys HATE CCW states.
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

California is a perfect example. Disarm law abiding citizens and criminals will take full advantage of it.

5 years since the move from California... never going back!