Regulations on semi-auto handguns
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Regulations on semi-auto handguns

This is a discussion on Regulations on semi-auto handguns within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I read an article online today talking about how shooters are using semi-auto handguns with large magazines to kill people. ...

Default Regulations on semi-auto handguns

I read an article online today talking about how shooters are using semi-auto handguns with large magazines to kill people. They want more gun regulations implemented to make people safer.

Do you feel that maybe gunmakers should limit ALL handguns to no more than 8 round mags? Is there a way to make it harder for criminals to get high capacity mags? Can we eliminate assault rifles and high capacity magazines?

Now look at this from a point of making this country safer, not from the point of what you want.

I believe we need to find ways to make things better.

In NY we have been limited to 10 round magazines for many years. It doesn't seem to have dropped the murder rate in the larger cities any. Of course the criminals might not be paying any attention to the law. No, I don't think magazine capacity will change the behavior of criminals intent on doing harm.

Limiting mag.. amounts is like saying, you must have a tax stamp for full auto weapons ! the bad guys still have them while law abiding people are getting mowed down like weeds
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

You want to make the country safer. Lock up the criminals. Preventing or handicapping citizen's ability to defend themselves does NOT make the country safer. I believe all citizens over the age of 18, should be mandated to be armed at all times. That will drastically prevent robberies, beatings, assaults & rapes.

All the money being wasted on crime prevention, feel good tactics; would be better used in training citizens. Not your basic gun handling safety classes. But truly tactical classes: Shooting on the move, point vs. precision shooting, drawing from concealment, etc.

A side effect of this kind of mandate, there would be less negligent (accidental) discharges.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I read an article online today talking about how shooters are using semi-auto handguns with large magazines to kill people. They want more gun regulations implemented to make people safer.

Do you feel that maybe gunmakers should limit ALL handguns to no more than 8 round mags? Is there a way to make it harder for criminals to get high capacity mags? Can we eliminate assault rifles and high capacity magazines?

Now look at this from a point of making this country safer, not from the point of what you want.

Beware the Fury of a patient man.

Default no

Nope ! It will just make a big black market for them. J as everything the government bans.the crooks will always get them.all it will do is ban them from law abiding citizens so we cant defend ourself against those who have them. Silly question

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

I'm fine with it. Level the playing field.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    I'm fine with it. Level the playing field.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Look at DUI's..... DUI's are ungodly expensive along with jailtime but yet there are people who have multiple DUI's under there belt... Doess the law or punishment stop them? NO... In my pinion their car is as deadly as my large capacity firearm...
    Commit murder with any weapon you should be terminated with extreme predjudice. The theatre shooter should be taken infront of a judge who has reviewed the case. He should then sentence the shooter to death and the sentence should be carried out immediately by a public hanging....
    Make the punishment for heinious crime stiff and terminal it will deter the cowards who commit these types of crimes.......
    Ever notice there were few if any mass murders years when the punishment was execution????
    "A gun is a tool. No better or no worse than the man using it." Shane

Default Regulations on semi-auto handguns

Trololplolololololol

Is it just me or are the trolls and their sock puppets becoming more plentiful here lately?

Trollbee, did you make another account? LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post

You seem to be missing the one crucial factor. Outlawing something DOES NOT PREVENT ITS USE!!! If you believe this, quite frankly, you're misinformed severly. What outlawing something does, is create more criminals to be involved in a continuing criminal enterprise... where they'll become rich beyond their wildest dreams. Look at the "drug war"... hasn't prevented sh!t! In fact, it's made criminals rich, or has put thousands of non-violent people in prison... in which we pay millions each year for "rehabilitation". It's a scam, plain and simple.

The only thing that will come from outlawing citizens from the legal purchase of certain firearms & related products is put them at a higher risk to be "out-gunned" by the criminals who DON'T follow the law, and therefore will acquire whatever the hell they want. You do know that surplus, black market AKMs can be purchased in bulk for around $50-$75 each(as of last years figures) from countries like Russia and China?

Did prohibition prevent alcohol consumption? Nope, just created more criminals and extreme amounts of revenue for them. As well as created more law-enforcement to violate our rights. Guns don't kill people, people kill people! If a guy can't use an AK, he'll use a pistol, if he can't use a pistol he'll use a sword or knife, no knife... he'll use a bat! No bat, he'll use his fists and beat your face in! Regardless of what tools are available, if someone has decided to do you harm, it's gonna get done! Would you rather see a bunch of dismemebered bodies and heads beaten to a pulp? B/c that's what'll happen.

And, you mustn't forget the actual reason for the 2nd Amendment! To secure the people and equal means to abolish a tyrannical gov't!!! Yes, that actually happens, it isn't just in the movies!

Wise up bud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast