IWB suggestions for XDM 3.8 compact?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlockOclock

IWB suggestions for XDM 3.8 compact?

This is a discussion on IWB suggestions for XDM 3.8 compact? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hello all, I've not carried concealed before, but am very interested in doing so in the reasonable near future. I'm ...

Default IWB suggestions for XDM 3.8 compact?

Hello all,

I've not carried concealed before, but am very interested in doing so in the reasonable near future. I'm looking at carrying IWB at the 4 to 5 o'clock position with a Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact. Without prior experience of my own but from materials I've read I'd be inclined to have an FBI or adjustable cant and also have a tuckable option since it allows for more attire options.

Anyone have holster recommendations that would meet the above criteria? Your input is appreciated.

GlockOclock is offline Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by TCRguns View Post
    Hello all,

I've not carried concealed before, but am very interested in doing so in the reasonable near future. I'm looking at carrying IWB at the 4 to 5 o'clock position with a Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact. Without prior experience of my own but from materials I've read I'd be inclined to have an FBI or adjustable cant and also have a tuckable option since it allows for more attire options.

Anyone have holster recommendations that would meet the above criteria? Your input is appreciated.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that is absolutely fantastic. Very comfortable with a Glock 21.

There are a number of companies that make this type of holster:
    White hat holsters, Theis holsters and more. I know at least Crossbreed has a 2 week try-out period, return it if you don't like it. I believe some of the others have this as well.

If you google 'crossbreed type holsters' you'll hit the jackpot.

I carry my 3.8 XDM compact in a Don Hume IWB holster and love it! The Crossbreed super tuck is another great option. Between these two great holsters I would say it depends on your style of carry. The crossbreed stays in place better but is harder to get on an off. I typically carry the Don Hume becaus I will take the gun off when I get in the truck to drive very far.

I think a Comp-tac Minotaur would work well as it has an adjustment for the cant and is also tuckable. I use one for my BUG, a Kel-Tec PF9.
    Endeavor to Persevere, Freedom is not Free

Try a Clevelands...

Save yourself the cash from buying the Crossbread..I own both...Clevelands is made out of better material.

https://clevelandsholsters.com/
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Thank you for your inputs! I'll start looking into all those mentioned.

II get all mine from either (usually) the holster store or Desanti. Just looked on the holster store site a they got a wide variety and very affordable for your weapon.

I own a Crossbreed and really like. That Cleveland looks really nice though!

I have the same XDM 45 compact, and have been researching IWB holsters for a while. I was really interested in the Crossbreed, until I just saw the above post about the Cleveland. It really looks like a quality product with some features I really like..so that's the one I purchased. Now of course I will have to be patient for it to come in.