Does anybody else's pants & belt sag under the weight of your gun? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Does anybody else's pants & belt sag under the weight of your gun?

This is a discussion on Does anybody else's pants & belt sag under the weight of your gun? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Shoobee Comfortable way, Grasshopper, is shoulder holster, or stadium jacket with deep pockets. You go try now. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    Comfortable way, Grasshopper, is shoulder holster, or stadium jacket with deep pockets. You go try now.
    I like my shoulder rig, but it's not always possible to wear it, now that we're moving into cooler weather that will be my first choice

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Arthur View Post
    I like my shoulder rig, but it's not always possible to wear it, now that we're moving into cooler weather that will be my first choice
    If you have team spirit then you will wear your stadium jacket no matter what.

Ergo deep pockets are always do-able.

You can even take off the stadium jacket, with your pistol and mags, or revolver and speedloaders, safe in the pockets, and lay it next to you, anytime.

What about a concealed carry vest with an integrated holster?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

gejoslin is offline Illegitimi non carborundu

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    What about a concealed carry vest with an integrated holster?
    jg1967, the NRA store has some very nice concealed carry vests and jackets.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Products.aspx?c=6

Gonna get one or two myself. They have built in holster and mag pouches.
    From inexpensive to high dollar.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

If you are wearing your pants down around your hip bone, then I can see why you might have a problem.
    For those that do not know your human anatomy, when you see 4-6 inches of your underwear above you pants.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

My belt rides just under my 'dunlop' and yes, my rig likes to pull my pants down on the one side. I've tried different pant, belts, holsters and even thought about suspenders (my wife nipped that one in the bud!) I've cinched the belt so tight that I was cutting myself in half. What I have noticed is when I'm wearing my shirt tucked in and the holster is between the shirt and my pants, there is much less sag. I've had some success with wearing a "wife beater" (I hate that term) under my "hanging out" T shirt (I'm in a HOT and HUMID CC only state) and that seems to help a lot.

Still haven't found the solution to gun sag wearing just a T and shorts. When you do, let us in on the secret.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Name:  pf9.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  9.3 KB

Kel Tec PF9

This is the solution for shorts and t-shirt carry. i live in New Orleans - feel your pain. Much prefer my XD, but in the middle of summer when its 100 degrees and so humid you need gills, this is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by convos View Post
    Name:  pf9.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  9.3 KB

Kel Tec PF9

This is the solution for shorts and t-shirt carry. i live in New Orleans - feel your pain. Much prefer my XD, but in the middle of summer when its 100 degrees and so humid you need gills, this is the way to go.
    I'm not familiar with that gun. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by GIFF View Post
    I'm not familiar with that gun. What is it?
    Its a Kel tec PF9. you can usually find one for about $250. Get the belt clip attachment. I love it.

The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is one of the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety.

Kel Tec CNC

Calibers: 9mm Luger
    Weight unloaded: 12.7 oz.
    Loaded magazine: 5.5 oz.
    Length: 5.85"
    Height: 4.3"
    Width: 0.88"
    Barrel Length: 3.1"
    Capacity: 7 + 1
    Trigger Pull: 5 lbs

I must be lucky. I carry my 45 cal Glock 30SF in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster on a Crossbreed belt in shorts and t-shirts fairly regularly and I don't have any sag to speak of. And yes, I have some dunlap too. I prefer my Hawaiian shirts to t-shirts though, because they conceal much better and they're more comfortable in the heat, especially the rayon ones.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast