Duty to inform
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Duty to inform

This is a discussion on Duty to inform within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Is Florida a duty to inform LEO state on a traffic stop?...

Default Duty to inform

Is Florida a duty to inform LEO state on a traffic stop?

No.

{15 characters**

Quote Originally Posted by 4Opencarry View Post
    no

there is a 15 character minimum

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by 4Opencarry View Post
    Absolutely, you must immediately inform any law enforcement office that comes with in 1/4 mile of you. You must also gorilla glue your permit to your forhead while carrying.

(In case anyone is wondering this is why we check the state statute for ourselves and never take the word of some anonymous poster (who won't be there when you're dealing with the cop) on the internet)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Handgunlaw.us is a great site along with this one that offers up to date info on Conceal Carry Info for each state.

Quote Originally Posted by adatiowa View Post
    Handgunlaw.us is a great site along with this one that offers up to date info on Conceal Carry Info for each state.
    In convenient pdf format that you can print out and take with you.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Which does the person not willing to stand up for their rights to begin with no good at all.

I can see it now: "This website printed out right here, officer, says that I don't have to inform you I have a permit and am carrying a gun. But I am going to anyway 'for your safety and mine', 'out of courtesy', and 'out of respect'."

I wonder, though, if that would enhance the desired affect of informing an officer when not required by law?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by adatiowa View Post
    Absolutely great resource when traveling.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Which does the person not willing to stand up for their rights to begin with no good at all.

I can see it now: "This website printed out right here, officer, says that I don't have to inform you I have a permit and am carrying a gun. But I am going to anyway 'for your safety and mine', 'out of courtesy', and 'out of respect'."

I wonder, though, if that would enhance the desired affect of informing an officer when not required by law?
    Did you see something I didn't? Who said anything about being willing to stand up for their rights or not, and who said anything about notifying when not required?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Did you see something I didn't? Who said anything about being willing to stand up for their rights or not, and who said anything about notifying when not required?
    Nobody did. Maybe I should have ended my statements with, "Just sayin' "
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast