Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

Unhappy Holsters

Ok, so I have to admit, I probably dont have the worlds best CC holster. I went somewhat cheap (ass chewing begin) but, I dont really have a whole lot of money for a decent holster, and find myself a bit picky when it comes to buying a holster. Currently I have the Galco TR 472, its done me well so far, except the belt holder doesnt quite fit as well as it use to, sometimes when I practice drawing, the holster comes with, which will suck if I actually have to use it for self defense, a holstered weapon does me no good...Especially if its still on the weapon when I draw.
    Im wondering, aside from the somewhat expensive and long process waiting for a supertuck, which i really want, but cant seem to summon the will to plunge into a holster I have never tried. What other good CC holsters are out there? I carry a full size M&P 40, what are your suggestions? I would say I have about 80.00 to spend, but I dont want something thats going to fall apart on me, or something thats not going to have good custom tension on my weapon. Mind you I have been CCing for about 3-4 years.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

2. Check these guys out, similar to a super tuck. I own two of these for my Glock 17&19. Kholster Holsters 314-669-5780 small business located here in St. Louis, Jimmy will take good care of you. I used the kholster during an intensive 3 day defensive hand gun course taught by Rob Pincus and it held up marvelously.

3. Holster

I personally carry an iwb made by shielded holsters. I carry a glock 23 and I am not a large man but I comfortably carry this with a matching dual magazine holster on the other side of my waist. I even wear this rig when riding motorcycle and feel very comfortable and secure with its positioning. I also own a Blackhawk serpa but it sits in my safe 100% of the time. I have fell in love with my iwb kydex holsters.

If the crossbreed interest you, try looking at a Comp-Tac holster like the CTAC or the MTAC. Similar to the crossbreed without the wait. To be honest, I have a Supertuck and it is great. Well worth the wait and expense.

5. For @ $40-$50, get a N82 (Nate Squared) Tactical. It will hold that large a pistol comfortably all day. They sell 3 models, the cheapest is not tuckable, but the other 2 can be tucked under a shirt. I carry my G26 or G19 in my "Original" model. I've also fallen in love with my new DeSantis SofTuk for the G26, it was about $25. I don't know if they make one for the full size M&P.

Look at Kholster holsters. I have crossbreed and kholster holsters, not much difference except for the price. Kholster has been my IWB holster for about 5 years and the wait is not long. Warranty is comperable to crossbreed.

Galco OWB open and retention holsters are what I use for mine

I don't bother with IWB but I'm in an open carry state so if its exposed, I really don't care.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

+1 on the N82... I have their high-end model with pivoting belt clip. I've been through many different holsters and this one ended the search for the best, for me. These holsters 'disappear' after a few minutes of wear, and you'll never 'feel' it's there. The N82's have built in retention and the draw from these holsters is smooth and effortless and quiet, and re-holstering is one-handed simplicity. http://n82tactical.com/

9. Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Ok, so I have to admit, I probably dont have the worlds best CC holster. I went somewhat cheap (ass chewing begin) but, I dont really have a whole lot of money for a decent holster, and find myself a bit picky when it comes to buying a holster. Currently I have the Galco TR 472, its done me well so far, except the belt holder doesnt quite fit as well as it use to, sometimes when I practice drawing, the holster comes with, which will suck if I actually have to use it for self defense, a holstered weapon does me no good...Especially if its still on the weapon when I draw.
    Im wondering, aside from the somewhat expensive and long process waiting for a supertuck, which i really want, but cant seem to summon the will to plunge into a holster I have never tried. What other good CC holsters are out there? I carry a full size M&P 40, what are your suggestions? I would say I have about 80.00 to spend, but I dont want something thats going to fall apart on me, or something thats not going to have good custom tension on my weapon. Mind you I have been CCing for about 3-4 years.
    I was also interested in the Crossbreed, but went for the Galco Kingtuk (works great, no wait) for my Glock 30 compact .45 acp. If I remember correctly, only about $60!

Ditch the clip on holster get one that actually connects to your belt. I have no problem with Galco leather pancake holsters
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast