Teachers to carry guns in Texas school...
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Jay
  • 1 Post By ezkl2230
  • 2 Post By Jay
  • 1 Post By Rhino

Teachers to carry guns in Texas school...

This is a discussion on Teachers to carry guns in Texas school... within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News It's from 2008, but still.....I think this is a ...

Default Teachers to carry guns in Texas school...

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News

It's from 2008, but still.....I think this is a good thing, while hoping that those firearms will never have to be used in defense of the school, it's students, or staff.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Strictly speaking, teachers can OC in schools in Michigan. I don't know that any of them are doing it, but it is legal, and there isn't anything the schools can legally do to stop them.
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

It's a big liability issue. Between that and the mentality of most teachers, I really don't expect this to catch on much.

It doesn't have to catch on.... all "IT" has to do is plant the seed of uncertainty in the mind of a would-be shooter..... Many studies have shown that criminals don't willingly enter a premises that is likely to contain armed persons.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Default Who's First?

The normal fear of the unknown for a shooter can be a deterent and past incidents have proven that they don't pick places that gun zones. They pick gun free zones so they are the only one holding at the time. When reinfocements arrive they voluntarily disarm or commit suicide providing further proof they know right from wrong.
    So what if every school doesn't have an actively carrying staff member who is going to know the difference, the public just needs to know that the staff is allowed under the law to CC and can protect themselves and others in the process.
    The fear of the unknown, who is going to shoot who first?
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by Aielman View Post
    It's a big liability issue.
    That can be changed.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws