Concealed carry no holster
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Concealed carry no holster

This is a discussion on Concealed carry no holster within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Does anyone conceal carry with out a holster? Like in the small of your back. I find this the most ...

Default Concealed carry no holster

Does anyone conceal carry with out a holster? Like in the small of your back. I find this the most comfortable for situations where I am just running out and do not plan on sitting down. With conceal carry I struggle to find a spot I like to carry my guns where it is comfortable for all occasions.

No one with any training and experience will carry that way unless forced to by circumstances. Carry without a holster is an accident waiting to happen. The gun can shift position and be elsewhere when you need it. It can fall out should you slip, fall, get jostled, have to run, etc. you might find yourself sitting down somewhere anyway. Stuff happens. Holsters are cheap insurance. Get a good one and use it. The Remora holster ( Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster) is designed to be held in place with just the friction of your clothing. From all reports they do a fair job. I would at least use one of those.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Welcome to the forum! I will never carry without a holster. I carry hot so my primary reason for using a holster isn't to keep the gun in position (although it is high up there) it is to keep the trigger safe. without a holster, I'm certain I would've had an ND by now.
    The miracle of Christ in me - Is the mystery that sets me free
    I'm nothing like I used to be - So open up your eyes you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by I heart guns View Post
    with out a holster?
    For me it would be scary as hell as I carry a Glock 29 and I'd be dropping it often or worried I'd blow a cheek off of my narrow buttocks due to no safety...

I do carry with an IWB holster and wear it every moment that I'm dressed without issue

Glock 29sf / XD-40 SubCompack
    Useful links ---> Ammo/Mag finder & Firearm Manuals & Auto Repair Material & Android Pro/Anti Carry & Android CCW

Keith Barker is offline KeithB

I personally have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my EDC that I love. I would not recommend carrying without a holster either. You are just waiting for an accident. Also if you live somewhere that gets icy out, you could slip and then you would be landing on a piece of steel. I have heard of some people that have actually been paralyzed from this.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by I heart guns View Post
    Does anyone conceal carry with out a holster? Like in the small of your back. I find this the most comfortable for situations where I am just running out and do not plan on sitting down. With conceal carry I struggle to find a spot I like to carry my guns where it is comfortable for all occasions.
    You definately have a lot more to learn about how to properly & safely carry a concealed sidearm imvho.....
    Please do everyone around you and yourself a huge favor, Invest in a good quality carry holster.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I use a "minimalist" PHLster Skeleton because I can't stand bulky holsters. I also carry a Glock so no manual safety means that trigger is PROTECTED at all times. If the PHLster Skeleton's small kydex taco is still too much for you, at least get a Raven Concealment Vanguard to protect the trigger from ND's while it's in your pants. :)
    Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 8073
Size:  503.2 KB
    Last edited by Markus Laumann; 12-18-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: picture added

If Your thinking of "Mexican" carry For your own safety consider a "Zack" from Dale Fricke Holsters or a "Vanguard" from Raven Concealement. Both are very similar and cover the trigger guard and protect the trigger
    Bob

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Remember that NFL player a year or so ago who had his gun tucked into his belt and during his time during the night he lost the gun down his pants and shot himself in the leg? A holster is there both for your safety and everyone else around you, that gun just might have shoot & killed someone beside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ramsey View Post
    For me it would be scary as hell as I carry a Glock 29 and I'd be dropping it often or worried I'd blow a cheek off of my narrow buttocks due to no safety...

I do carry with an IWB holster and wear it every moment that I'm dressed without issue

nice butt! lolz
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast