Concealed Carry with a felony?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Concealed Carry with a felony?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry with a felony? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Are there any circumstances when a person can get a Concealed Carry Permit while having a felony? I want to ...

Default Concealed Carry with a felony?

Are there any circumstances when a person can get a Concealed Carry Permit while having a felony? I want to get a CCP in Florida but I have a felony for playing around on a construction site (felony tresspass on a construction site). I had just got out of the Army and my younger brother talked me into going drinking at an abandoned and suposedly haunted museum/hotel, never the less the leo's showed up and we got arrested. It happened almost 20 years ago, is that gonna prevent me from getting a CCP? I haven't gotten into any trouble since either.

Thanks in advance for any info given....

Think the best course would be to see an attorney and see if the felony can be cleared. Even if the felony was cleared may take a while for the electronic records to be adjusted. Don't think even the NRA is in favor of letting convicted felons carry concealed legally. Ya need legal help here....as opposed to legal "advice" from laymen on an Internet forum.
    "Get off my lawn."

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Oh no..Treo might pop a brain vessel...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

How do you have a gun? Don't even think you can have a gun, let alone a permit. Even if you have record expunged, you are technically still a restricted person (under federal law) and you need to do some more stuff (can't recall what, you can google it) in order to get your rights restored. Otherwise, you might have the ATF making your life a living nightmare.

X2 on legal help. One way I can think of at this time is to petition the governor via the prisoner review board for a pardon.
    U. S. Navy [Aviation], Retired

UATKP is offline Uncle Al

I think the best advice is the post that suggests you inquire of an attorney (preferably a gun-rights attorney) in your State to find out your best options.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Address your questions to your local licensing authority. An attorney may be helpful. If you apply & are denied you can request a hearing. I have written a reference letter & appeared at an appeal hearing in NY state, that resulted in the felony record being expunged for the individual seeking his permit & the permit was granted. Good luck.
    Sumo magis ammo

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRose View Post
    Are there any circumstances when a person can get a Concealed Carry Permit while having a felony? I want to get a CCP in Florida but I have a felony for playing around on a construction site (felony tresspass on a construction site). I had just got out of the Army and my younger brother talked me into going drinking at an abandoned and suposedly haunted museum/hotel, never the less the leo's showed up and we got arrested. It happened almost 20 years ago, is that gonna prevent me from getting a CCP? I haven't gotten into any trouble since either.

Thanks in advance for any info given....
    if you've been clean ever since you could try to have a lawyer have the case and conviction expunged. It will cost $$ but that is probably your only recourse

Here's some info on the process of restoring your civil rights in Florida
    How to Restore Your Rights

Looks like you shouldn't have any issues, by what you've told us here.

Of course, the federal issues may still bite you.

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Unless you get an attorney involved in clearing your record with the feds, you shouldn't even be able to PURCHASE a firearm, let alone carry the thing concealed. And with recent events, any attorney you get had better be high caliber. Expunging records for felons who want to purchase/carry firearms right now, regardless of how insignificant the felony might have been, could be a real career killer for a judge.
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast