do your kids know?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

do your kids know?

This is a discussion on do your kids know? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; do your kids know that you carry ? if you have kids....... I can't think of a reason they should ...

Default do your kids know?

do your kids know that you carry ? if you have kids.......

I can't think of a reason they should know at this point... I have a boy that is 8 and a much younger girl.

b

My son is aware that I carry and the reasons I carry and I know that he is comfortable with it and probably looking forward to carrying when he is old enough

Default Re: do your kids know?

Why shouldn't they know? I would like to hear your reasons why before I say if mine know or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

My son doesn't like guns but he knows I carry
    My daughter carries her own gun

Thumbs up

Mine do - there's no way I could keep it from them, they bump into my pistol pretty much every day just hugging me or climbing on me. They're 8 & 10 now, but it's been a couple of years since I started down this road, with just over a year of every day carry. They also know not to talk about it in public - that there are people out there (including relatives) who are bothered by the very idea. They are welcome to (and do) ask me anything privately. They've done the Eddie Eagle program, they sometimes go to the range with me, and I expect they'll choose to carry when they are grown, because it's just something normal for us.
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by SnowManSnow View Post

I can't think of a reason they should know at this point... I have a boy that is 8 and a much younger girl.

b
    Do they know there are guns in the house? Do they have a safe understanding about guns? I would hope the answer to both question is YES. So, why would they not know you carry. I have a code word my kids all know, if I ever yell it, they are to drop in place or if other instructions(from me) follow the code word , then they do that.

Why do you think they should not know?

My daughter has known I was carrying for as long as she could understand what that meant. When she was small and someone came near who made her uncomfortable, she'd come hug my leg and 'pat me down' to be sure I was armed. It comforted her.
    Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility Range Safety Officer.
    NRA Range Safety Officer.
    NRA Instructor Disciplines - Rifle, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowManSnow View Post

b
    Only you can decide what is best for your children, but at 8, unless there are extenuating circumstances, I believe he should know. Far more important is the securing of firearms and ammunition. I also believe in not making it taboo - that just makes a child, more so a boy, driven to getting his hands on it. I believe it is NEVER too early to teach firearm safety. The approach is a function of the age.

They should also know the plan for a home invasion. If too young to understand, present it appropriately, but there should be a plan. Do you have a plan if someone broke into your home? Do you practice that plan? In classes, when asked that, I hear people say, "oh, sure I do." And when asked what that plan is, they say, "I get my gun." Well, that's not a plan. That's not even close.
    "Two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
    Gun Control Works

I have 2 6 y/o and a 4 y/o grand sons. They all know I carry.Every time we play around they either see it or feel it. One grand son asked just the other day why me and his Daddy carried a gun. I explained that it was so I can protect us/them from bad people that may want to hurt/rob us..He never questioned a thing about it.I believe it is better to talk with them about guns so they dont mess where they arnt supposed to. They have their own bb guns too.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

My boys all know, they also know ( because I have went through different possible situations with them) what to do if something were to ever happen. They all 3 are very knowing of everything around them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast