Securing firearm in vehicle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Securing firearm in vehicle

This is a discussion on Securing firearm in vehicle within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; To those who have CCW experience... IF (I know some go out of their way not to) you patronize businesses ...

Default Securing firearm in vehicle

To those who have CCW experience... IF (I know some go out of their way not to) you patronize businesses or locations which do not allow you to exercise your right on their private grounds, how do you leave your firearm in your vehicle? Do you keep a secure means in your vehicle to prevent someone from accessing your firearm? Thanks!
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going... the smart left a long time ago.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

I open carry, does that mean I'm not qualified to answer this question?

I'll try anyways...

The only place I go that doesn't allow me to carry are very short visits, that allow me to keep an eye on my vehicle the entire time.

If I were to live in an area that had more restrictions on where I could carry, I would invest in a vehicle lock box.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

[QUOTE=Firefighterchen;394168]I open carry, does that mean I'm not qualified to answer this question?

Chen open carries.....Who would have known.....
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

The last thing you want to come back to is a smashed window and your gun gone. Use a lockbox. You may have to hunt around for one that fits your vehicle. In my case (small pickup) I found one that just fit in a cubbyhole behind the rear seat, that also has a security cable which I looped around the seat frame. Ideally it should be bolted down but it's almost not possible in a lot of vehicles. The good news is that most car burglers are smash and grabbers so if you have it locked, cabled, and stowed they probably either won't find it or won't take the time to try and rip it out if they do.

there are many lock boxes/bags that attach to a strong point on your vehicle. the object of the game is to slow down the thief, thieves need the element of speed and stealth take either of those elements from them and your things will not be as much of a juicy target

Unless it is prohibited by law, I don't pay any attention to their signs. Concealed is concealed. They will never know I have it until it is needed. If for some reason it is seen and i am asked to leave, I will....as not leaving would be armed trespassing (I think).

Don
    FL CWL Holder
    FFL
    Lifetime NRA Member

I don't disagree with you, concealed is concealed, but every now and then a post office run is necessary. I am a little confused about that also. I was under the impression that having a firearm in your vehicle on P.O./federal property is a felony offense, but others have said that they just lock up in the car.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Parking your car on a Post Office owned lot even with a lock box is a no no. I have a car safe but will not shop anywhere that blocks carry. Usually use it when bird hunting and leaving pistol in truck. Lock box is hidden from casual view.

Lock box brings attention. Even if it buys you time. Glove box with a good lock works for me

When I carried to work. I used a gun lock box that has a cable which I wrapped around the drivers seat frame. My dodge truck has a cubbyhole under the back seats and one on the floor in front, but I don't know how known this is amongst the criminal element.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast