IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

This is a discussion on IWB Retention for Sub Compacts? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I just purchased a XD40 subcompact, and interested in getting a IWB, but am a little concerned with the weapon ...

Default IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

I just purchased a XD40 subcompact, and interested in getting a IWB, but am a little concerned with the weapon popping out since there doesn't appear to be thumb straps on most of these. It looks like in most IWB holsters less than 1/2 of my weapon would be in the holster with most of the weight of the loaded pistol outside. Just a little concerned that i would have my gun skidding across the concrte if I stumpled.

I currently have Serpa's for this gun and another, and love them, but would rather have a IWB.

I carry my Springfiled Xdm 9c in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe along with one of their belts. I love my rig and have never had any problems with it. Retention can be adjusted to your liking by simply using a hair dryer to loosen or tighten the kidex around the trigger guard.

I also have a VersaCarry clip that I've used but because the rear sites are sharp on the xdm a simple t-shirt just doesn't cut it for me. I always default back to my SuperTuck.

SuperTuck? Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe

Take a look at Minotaur IWB holsters. They grip the weapon well and cover the trigger guard.
    Expensive but worth every penny IMO

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I carry that same firearm in a crossbreed style holster. I can do cartwheels and have never had a retention problem. just a concealment problem going upside down. I don't know about anything else, but I would say leather and kydex won't let you down when it comes to retention.
    The miracle of Christ in me - Is the mystery that sets me free
    I'm nothing like I used to be - So open up your eyes you'll see

I have a Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact (SC) and I use this for daily Conceal Carry (CC). I would recommend a crossbreed Super tuck Deluxe IWB holster.

CrossBreed Holsters > Home

The Super tuck deluxe is for all day wear. Takes about 1 week to break in and it has a lifetime warranty.

I carry daily, Glock 27 subcompact 40 cal, in a White Hat holster. I've used this holster for about a year and never had a problem in regards to lack of retention----in fact, I believe you could do jumping jacks or hand stands and never have a loose weapon.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Default Re: IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

My IWB holster of choice for my subcompact XDM. I can go running, jumping, jogging, and cartwheeling in this and not have to worry about losing my weapon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Try theholsterstore.com. I've bought several holsters from them and have been pleased with them. They custom make them and I received them in about a week. The link below will take you to their XD40 Sub-compact page.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/product-list.php?pg1-cid264.html
    Last edited by 327 Fan; 12-31-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: bad link

Name:  2012-12-31 13.16.03.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  502.5 KB

I carry my xDM 9C in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe with Crossbreed gun belt. I also own other rigs but this one works out best for me.

Cleveland's Holsters or N82Tactical. Very, very different but both are great products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast