IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

1. Default IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

I just purchased a XD40 subcompact, and interested in getting a IWB, but am a little concerned with the weapon popping out since there doesn't appear to be thumb straps on most of these. It looks like in most IWB holsters less than 1/2 of my weapon would be in the holster with most of the weight of the loaded pistol outside. Just a little concerned that i would have my gun skidding across the concrte if I stumpled.

I currently have Serpa's for this gun and another, and love them, but would rather have a IWB.

2. Default

I carry my Springfiled Xdm 9c in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe along with one of their belts. I love my rig and have never had any problems with it. Retention can be adjusted to your liking by simply using a hair dryer to loosen or tighten the kidex around the trigger guard.

I also have a VersaCarry clip that I've used but because the rear sites are sharp on the xdm a simple t-shirt just doesn't cut it for me. I always default back to my SuperTuck.

SuperTuck? Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe

3. Default

Take a look at Minotaur IWB holsters. They grip the weapon well and cover the trigger guard.
    Expensive but worth every penny IMO

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I carry that same firearm in a crossbreed style holster. I can do cartwheels and have never had a retention problem. just a concealment problem going upside down. I don't know about anything else, but I would say leather and kydex won't let you down when it comes to retention.
    The miracle of Christ in me - Is the mystery that sets me free
    I'm nothing like I used to be - So open up your eyes you'll see

I have a Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact (SC) and I use this for daily Conceal Carry (CC). I would recommend a crossbreed Super tuck Deluxe IWB holster.

CrossBreed Holsters > Home

The Super tuck deluxe is for all day wear. Takes about 1 week to break in and it has a lifetime warranty.

I carry daily, Glock 27 subcompact 40 cal, in a White Hat holster. I've used this holster for about a year and never had a problem in regards to lack of retention----in fact, I believe you could do jumping jacks or hand stands and never have a loose weapon.

Default Re: IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?

My IWB holster of choice for my subcompact XDM. I can go running, jumping, jogging, and cartwheeling in this and not have to worry about losing my weapon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?-uploadfromtaptalk1356977294406.jpg 
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

8. Default

Try theholsterstore.com. I've bought several holsters from them and have been pleased with them. They custom make them and I received them in about a week. The link below will take you to their XD40 Sub-compact page.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/product-list.php?pg1-cid264.html
    Last edited by 327 Fan; 12-31-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: bad link

9. Default

IWB Retention for Sub Compacts?-2012-12-31-13.16.03.jpg

I carry my xDM 9C in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe with Crossbreed gun belt. I also own other rigs but this one works out best for me.

Cleveland's Holsters or N82Tactical. Very, very different but both are great products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast