Nightmare Scenario
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Nightmare Scenario

This is a discussion on Nightmare Scenario within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Scenario played over and over in my sleep last night, woke up with the shakes in a way, mostly because ...

Question Nightmare Scenario

Scenario played over and over in my sleep last night, woke up with the shakes in a way, mostly because it felt so real, but then again those of us who carry, or own a home have probably had a dream of self defense that was so real you wake up and have to check the house and find everything is ok.
    I work as an Armed Security Officer, Im a Regional Operations Manager and conduct site checks. One of our housing properties, thanks to the arm chair politicians and managers of it, request our officers posted on the site do patrols and address certain situations unarmed. My dream last night went from doing a site check on my S/Os to being tossed into a situation where a disgruntled visitor drove up to our patrol vehicles and brandished a gun, In my dream my S/Os floored it out of the area, I did the same, however, I didnt drive forward, I drove into reverse. I ended up at the back of the property, being chased by a car full of people, with at least one weapon.
    As I was on the phone with the police, I realized I was cornered, laying the phone down on the drivers seat I pulled my M&P 40 and pointed it at the vehicle and ordered all hands out the windows (in my dream they complied) Police showed up with weapons drawn on the same vehicle mine was drawn on, in the end, all occupants of the vehicle ended up arrested and 3 guns were found....When I woke up my heart was racing, mostly because in the last few weeks my officers and I have received many threats due to the large volume of people weve had evicted with our paperwork. Weve attempted to go armed multiple times, as we were at this property in the past, but for a lack of a better term, get shot down.
    Many of our guys carry anyway, concealed, but still makes things hard to justify when were requested, and by contract, supposed to work unarmed. I continue to tell my S/Os not to get into "deep water" and just call the Police if things look fishy. Im constantly on my toes out there, and being in the 2nd highest crime rated city doesnt help.
    I hate to see what summer is going to bring.
    Question to you guys is, in my scenario, what would have been your reaction? I fear the situation will eventually happen, but will not turn out as good as it did in my dream. Id hate to have to pull my weapon as many of us responsible gun owners would hate to. Last thing I want to do is get cornered like I did in my sleep and have to take a life, especially with what could possibly be innocent people inside the car with an "*********" whos got a grudge with Security.

Anyhow, your thoughts?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Chill and get a hobby. You scare me.

I don't know if you and your officers wear vests, but if having to go unarmed I'd definitely suggest SOME form of protection. I'd probably try to flee if I could, exhaust all REASONABLE options before drawing, It's a LAST resort, but better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMAF View Post
    I don't know if you and your officers wear vests, but if having to go unarmed I'd definitely suggest SOME form of protection. I'd probably try to flee if I could, exhaust all REASONABLE options before drawing, It's a LAST resort, but better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
    Bad advise...don't carry at your job when it is illeagle/unauthorized. You are opening yourself and your employer up to civil and criminal prosecution. If you can't live by the conditions of your employment go some where else.

UATKP is offline Uncle Al

Get a different job. Working in Security is bad enough as it is, and being unarmed while working in Security is just not smart, in my opinion. There are too many cell phones in the public to make it necessary to hire "unarmed security" to dial 911.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Scenario played over and over in my sleep last night, woke up with the shakes in a way, mostly because it felt so real, but then again those of us who carry, or own a home have probably had a dream of self defense that was so real you wake up and have to check the house and find everything is ok.
    I work as an Armed Security Officer, Im a Regional Operations Manager and conduct site checks. One of our housing properties, thanks to the arm chair politicians and managers of it, request our officers posted on the site do patrols and address certain situations unarmed. My dream last night went from doing a site check on my S/Os to being tossed into a situation where a disgruntled visitor drove up to our patrol vehicles and brandished a gun, In my dream my S/Os floored it out of the area, I did the same, however, I didnt drive forward, I drove into reverse. I ended up at the back of the property, being chased by a car full of people, with at least one weapon.
    As I was on the phone with the police, I realized I was cornered, laying the phone down on the drivers seat I pulled my M&P 40 and pointed it at the vehicle and ordered all hands out the windows (in my dream they complied) Police showed up with weapons drawn on the same vehicle mine was drawn on, in the end, all occupants of the vehicle ended up arrested and 3 guns were found....When I woke up my heart was racing, mostly because in the last few weeks my officers and I have received many threats due to the large volume of people weve had evicted with our paperwork. Weve attempted to go armed multiple times, as we were at this property in the past, but for a lack of a better term, get shot down.
    Many of our guys carry anyway, concealed, but still makes things hard to justify when were requested, and by contract, supposed to work unarmed. I continue to tell my S/Os not to get into "deep water" and just call the Police if things look fishy. Im constantly on my toes out there, and being in the 2nd highest crime rated city doesnt help.
    I hate to see what summer is going to bring.
    Question to you guys is, in my scenario, what would have been your reaction? I fear the situation will eventually happen, but will not turn out as good as it did in my dream. Id hate to have to pull my weapon as many of us responsible gun owners would hate to. Last thing I want to do is get cornered like I did in my sleep and have to take a life, especially with what could possibly be innocent people inside the car with an "*********" whos got a grudge with Security.

Anyhow, your thoughts?
    I worked in the security industry for over 14 years (armed and unarmed).
    My advice?
    If you are having nightmares about the job, it's time to find another line of work.
    The majority of Security Officers are; Overworked, Underappreciated AND Underpaid...
    It's just not a very good career for most people imvho.
    ~Stay Safe Out There~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I worked security for a very short time many years ago. No carry at all on that job, and at night, all alone, not even given a flashlight. I didn't stay long. LOL I would never take a security job again unless I could carry.

gejoslin is offline Illegitimi non carborundu

No unarmed job is worth dying over, no matter how much you get paid. You cain't spend it where your going!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries

I live in a city where (and maybe this is very very common)- one of the largest armed security company is owned by a family of cops. Hence- most of the people that are stationed at all the places- and events- are cops, and everyone else- has a license to carry. Perhaps you should go work for a company owned by LEO so that it'd be highly unlikely that you'd be posted somewhere that does not allow you to carry your piece. I know there are plenty of folks on here who would rather starve than help put green in the pockets of LEOs but hey, thats just a suggestion. :)
    Courtney

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Chill and get a hobby. You scare me.
    If I scare you, thats too bad, as for a hobby, I have many, dont need some internet tough guy to tell me how to do things. Not sure why I had the dream I did, however, thought it would be something interesting to talk about, being Ive never had anything like this before. I served 6 years in the Army without a problem, came into the Armed Security gig, and maybe its the fear of the unknown on the civilian side of things. Too many rules, lack of law enforcement support, at least in my area, some crimes are dismissed due to over crowding, and my guys working this one particular site, are vulnerable. I can only do so much as one guy, but oh well.
    Secondly, I am always armed, my position in my company allows it, and its written into all but one specific contract that prohibits carry unless youre uniformed LEO, which is fine, they have a site supervisor, and I only have to do a weekly check and to replenish forms.
    Anyways, thanks for the input. Not sure what I was exactly looking for on here, but felt good to at least let it out there lol.

Thanks anyways.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast