CCW transfer to South Dakota

CCW transfer to South Dakota

This is a discussion on CCW transfer to South Dakota within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I currently have my CCW in Boulder County, Colorado. Although my mailing address is there, I actually full-time in my ...

Default CCW transfer to South Dakota

I currently have my CCW in Boulder County, Colorado. Although my mailing address is there, I actually full-time in my RV.

With that said, South Dakota is much easier to use as a residence for full-time RV'ers so I plan to make the move there next month. My only real question is the transfer of my CCW. Do I need a physical address in SD to get a CCW or will a PO Box do the trick?

Seems to me like you need a physical address to meet the requirements of SD Codified Laws:

South Dakota Codified Laws

23-7-7.1. Requirements for issuance of temporary permit--Time requirement--Appeal of denial. A temporary permit to carry a concealed pistol shall be issued within five days of application to a person if the applicant:
    (1) Is eighteen years of age or older;

(2) Has never pled guilty to, nolo contendere to, or been convicted of a felony or a crime of violence;

(3) Is not habitually in an intoxicated or drugged condition;

(4) Has no history of violence;

(5) Has not been found in the previous ten years to be a "danger to others" or a "danger to self" as defined in 27A-1-1 or is not currently adjudged mentally incompetent;

(6) Has physically resided in and is a resident of the county where the application is being made for at least thirty days immediately preceding the date of the application;

(7) Has had no violations of chapter 23-7, 22-14, or 22-42 constituting a felony or misdemeanor in the five years preceding the date of application or is not currently charged under indictment or information for such an offense;

(8) Is a citizen or legal resident of the United States; and

(9) Is not a fugitive from justice.

A person denied a permit may appeal to the circuit court pursuant to chapter 1-26.
    A PO Box does not establish residency. Call the sheriff of the county you plan to reside in...I would think that if you rent a space with a physical address for a month, you could use that rental agreement as proof of residency in that county.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.