Sheriff's dept. spied on Supervisors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sheriff's dept. spied on Supervisors

This is a discussion on Sheriff's dept. spied on Supervisors within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I got this from an e-mail from OCCCWS. This is the appointed Sheriff that was revoking carry permits because she ...

maybejim is online now Maybejim

Default Sheriff's dept. spied on Supervisors

I got this from an e-mail from OCCCWS. This is the appointed Sheriff that was revoking carry permits because she didn't think they had adequate reason to have one.
    Sheriff’s department spied on supervisors
    Posted: 22 Jan 2009 10:54 AM CST
    This item was posted to the Orange County Register blog by Steven Greenhut. Obviously it is extremely disturbing.
    I just talked to Supervisor Chris Norby, who told me that at the Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday that deputies had taken control of the security cameras and had panned the audience and then zeroed in on two supes — Norby and Janet Nguyen. The deputy used the camera to look at the two supervisors’ personal notes and text messages. Sheriff Sandra Hutchens called the two supervisors to tell them that and warn them that if there was anything embarrassing on their notes or texts that it could become public. According to Norby, Hutchens defended what Norby termed a 1984-like approach to security. He was referring, of course, to the George Orwell novel about totalitarianism. Norby said the sheriff’s department now spies on supervisors. This is outrageous. Not only did the sheriff target gun-rights supporters for searches and interrogations — without any specific threat having been made — but now she uses cameras to focus on audience members and even supervisors who dare to question her policies. This is very intimidating stuff — an appalling display, according to the California Newspaper Publishers Association. Hutchens — who left the room surrounded by a sea of officers — is either paranoid, or so hostile to disagreement that she is willing to engage in despicable tactics to stifle debate. No one can possibly be this politically tone-deaf, so it must reveal Sheriff Hutchens’ hostility to free debate, disagreement, open government and the democratic process.
    [From OCRegister.com]
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

DocBoCook is offline Not Negotiable, A Right

isn't espionage in government illegal or something? this lady needs to be relieved of her office
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

What do they have to fear?
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMontana View Post
    What do they have to fear?
    That they will some how lose control of the Slaves and people will start to think for them self's. This Chick sounds like a SS officer whats next mass round up of gun owners? They will wake up one day and holy crap People in Ca want their gun rights back.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

this kind of stuff makes me sick. people need to stand up and do something before it's too late.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

DocBoCook is offline Not Negotiable, A Right

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That they will some how lose control of the Slaves and people will start to think for them self's. This Chick sounds like a SS officer whats next mass round up of gun owners? They will wake up one day and holy crap People in Ca want their gun rights back.
    Out of my cold dead hands, only after I run out of ammo
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

So what became of this and the Sheriff? I cannot find anything on it. It's been 2 years.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Hmmmmm? Is she a direct descendant of Hitler?

This is very old it happened back before the last election
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    This is very old it happened back before the last election
    yes it is old but what was done about it? does any one know?
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast