How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree2Likes

How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds?

This is a discussion on How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Treo Isn't open carry illegal in Texas? Private property business setting should be exempt from that in ...

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Isn't open carry illegal in Texas?
    Private property business setting should be exempt from that in TX for the owner and employees if the owner allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Bud I understand you wanting to stand up for your rights, but you really have no idea what your dealing with, if they don't want you there you WILL NOT be there, and its clear they don't want you there, that 100k isn't even chump change to them, but they will spend millions to screw you up, I wish you luck, but IMHO you should have taken the Money, and found something else to do
    I agree with you that they will find a way to get rid of me and I have accepted that.

But letting them get away with soiling my charter and name for 100k is not worth it to me. The only way I can get my charter and name back to the status it was before Boeing fired me is to make Boeing admit that they broke the law when firing me and make them have to rehire me. After that I am sure after a month Boeing will lay me off and make it to where I can never be hired again. As it is now no job that pays a descent wage will hire me. So that only leaves minimum wage jobs that would not pay enough for me to pay off my debits and have money left over to put towards retirement. So my only option is to force Boeing to admit to breaking the law to fire me after that when I fill out a job application and get asked to list the last 5 years of employment and reason for leaving I will be able to say I was laid off instead of saying I was fired due to concerns Boeing had about me shooting up the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I agree with you that they will find a way to get rid of me and I have accepted that.

But letting them get away with soiling my charter and name for 100k is not worth it to me. The only way I can get my charter and name back to the status it was before Boeing fired me is to make Boeing admit that they broke the law when firing me and make them have to rehire me. After that I am sure after a month Boeing will lay me off and make it to where I can never be hired again. As it is now no job that pays a descent wage will hire me. So that only leaves minimum wage jobs that would not pay enough for me to pay off my debits and have money left over to put towards retirement. So my only option is to force Boeing to admit to breaking the law to fire me after that when I fill out a job application and get asked to list the last 5 years of employment and reason for leaving I will be able to say I was laid off instead of saying I was fired due to concerns Boeing had about me shooting up the workplace.
    Like I said, standing up for your rights is great, but as i also said you are not going to force Boeing to do Jack, they are a goverment contractor that means they get paid by our goverment to **** people, and they can do it really well cause its been going on since Wilbur flew at Kitty Hawk, so make no mistake, you are in for a hell of a fight that you WILL NOT win, if you still can take the money, and when you apply for a new job explain basicly what you have just said here, and hope for the best, ..........Oh and it would probably help a bunch if you applyed to a gun freindly company

I work for a grocery/service station warehouse called H.T Hackney in North Carolina. It's a large fenced in compound. On the front gate at the security shack there is a sign stating all vehicles entering and leaving are subject to search, mainly to make sure no one drives out with any items from the warehouse. Our head supervisor is very approachable and is a very conservative guy, so I asked him if we were allowed to have a concealed weapon in our vehicle just in case the security guard wanted to be a jerk; he stated as long as we have the proper permit we can. If he said no, I'd hate have to remove my gun I will carry in my truck every day before work, but would rather do that then have my truck searched and lose my job. I finished my Concealed course a month ago and I'm hoping it's not more than a couple weeks before my permit is ready to pick up.

I teach at a public school in Kansas. As of July 2010 we are allowed to carry on school grounds, just not in school buildings. Thus, I keep my CCW in my truck in the parking lot.

My last job had it in the employee handbook, no firearms on premise. I just locked in the lock box in my truck when I was there during the day, pretty safe area and the parking lot wasn't owned by the company I worked for. However if I was called out at night I carried it with me, boss was gone.
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

Default Wal-Mart

No firearms at Wal-Mart Home office, even in your truck.

blacksharkL82 is offline too old to run.

Default carry at work?

I worked at a Sam's club.
    I carried all the time.
    I was a door greeter.
    I quit after 3 months.
    "Don't ask, don't tell", is a good moto.
    If you are gay or carry a gun.
    Give up my rights?
    For what, a job?
    If it were not for guns, that company wouldn't be allowed to exist.
    The only place you have to relinquish
    any rights, is in a jail cell, by force.
    MICHAEL

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112