Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 101
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1169
Like Tree164Likes

Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

This is a discussion on Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Beau 1000 1001 is better. And post 464....

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    1001 is better. And post 464.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Your the boss. We tremble before the mighty Ban Hammer.

The discussion has taken a slight deviation, but it's nice to see most are self-moderating here.

I had occasion to think about this today. I was driving home when I came upon a checkpoint. The police had blocked off the roadway and were checking everyone for seat belts, Drivers License, Registration, and Proof of Insurance. I took my place in line, and when it was my turn, I presented my documents. I never even turned off my vehicle. Of course, everything checked out fine, and I was told I could go on my merry way. I pulled up to the next Police Officer and decided to get his opinion.

I asked him about this very question. His responses during the conversation led me to believe he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. First, already knowing the answer, I asked him if there was a requirement for a CCW holder to notify the police officer that he/she was carrying. In Florida there is no requirement, but he didn't know the answer. He said he would have to look it up. Then he said that even if there wasn't a requirement, it would probably be a good idea.

We then got into a discussion about the OC bill that just passed out of committee and is headed to the House floor. The officer stated that they (meaning the police) weren't very happy about that. I asked him why, and he said that some citizen, who was acting stupid would get shot by a cop and that would be all for that bill. He wasn't aware that this bill could only apply to holders of a CCW. I mentioned to him that out of the other 40+ states that allow OC, there were a miniscule number of "incidents" with the police. He then said "That might be so, but the people here in Florida are stupider than most."

Well, feeling all warm and fuzzy about the police opinion of law-abiding John and Jane Doe, I thanked him and left. I only hope I wasn't that stupid when I was a LEO.

antietam is offline storm is comin'

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    We do not allow pissing on the forums. You and the others involved have all been warned. Next report will get you a temporary ban. Everyone had their own opinions but we don't need that to turn into pissing matches on the forums.
    Understood and thanks.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I had occasion to think about this today. I was driving home when I came upon a checkpoint. The police had blocked off the roadway and were checking everyone for seat belts, Drivers License, Registration, and Proof of Insurance. I took my place in line, and when it was my turn, I presented my documents. I never even turned off my vehicle. Of course, everything checked out fine, and I was told I could go on my merry way. I pulled up to the next Police Officer and decided to get his opinion.

I asked him about this very question. His responses during the conversation led me to believe he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. First, already knowing the answer, I asked him if there was a requirement for a CCW holder to notify the police officer that he/she was carrying. In Florida there is no requirement, but he didn't know the answer. He said he would have to look it up. Then he said that even if there wasn't a requirement, it would probably be a good idea.

We then got into a discussion about the OC bill that just passed out of committee and is headed to the House floor. The officer stated that they (meaning the police) weren't very happy about that. I asked him why, and he said that some citizen, who was acting stupid would get shot by a cop and that would be all for that bill. He wasn't aware that this bill could only apply to holders of a CCW. I mentioned to him that out of the other 40+ states that allow OC, there were a miniscule number of "incidents" with the police. He then said "That might be so, but the people here in Florida are stupider than most."

Well, feeling all warm and fuzzy about the police opinion of law-abiding John and Jane Doe, I thanked him and left. I only hope I wasn't that stupid when I was a LEO.
    First off, just the fact that you had to stop for a check point ( when did Fla. move to Berlin?) should have bugged the snot out of you.

Second, I know for a fact that Colorado has no duty to inform , yet every cop I have ever asked insists that you are legally required to inform any cop immediately.

I infer from this that if you don't know the law the cops will tell you what ever lie benefits them
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Beau is offline I was never here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    First off, just the fact that you had to stop for a check point ( when did Fla. move to Berlin?) should have bugged the snot out of you.

Second, I know for a fact that Colorado has no duty to inform , yet every cop I have ever asked insists that you are legally required to inform any cop immediately.

I infer from this that if you don't know the law the cops will tell you what ever lie benefits them
    ^ This. DPD is the worst at making stuff up.

I also agree that the mere fact you were stopped and forced to present papers should have you ranting. I've seen them do these kind of checks out where I live. I've never been stopped by one though. I hope I never am. I don't know if I would follow through but my intent is to not cooperate at all.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

We've always had those down here. Many times they did post where they were going to be setup so you could avoid them. you'd be surprised how many they catch with expired licenses or tags. When I had a car that stuck out like a sore thumb, you could get stopped one week and get told to keep going the next week because they knew the vehicle. As we don't have vehicle inspections down here, they check things like that too at times.

Default inform a LEO

I guess I find it hard to believe that there is this many angry people living in America, calling themselves Americans that are so afraid of protecting their freedom that they object to a police officer just doing his or her job. Road Blocks have nothing to do with Berlin here in America. Road blocks here are designed to protect law abiding citizens and catch criminals and law breakers. If you are not breaking the law, what do you have to fear? I pass through road blocks all the time and when asked for my papers pertaining to my operators license, proof of insurance and other required documents to drive my Truck or Jeep I show them and move on after being cleared to do so. All the police are doing is their job and that job is trying to catch people breaking the law. Driving on revoked, Driving without insurance, Driving while intoxicated and maybe even arresting wanted felons. Did you ever stop to think that you have the freedom to be driving in the first place to approach that road block. I serve in our Armed Forces in a war for 5 years to make sure you and I continue to have that freedom. Have you ever stopped to think what this country would be like if we did not have our LEO's of our Police departments at all? I'm sorry but I cannot find any faults with the and what they do to protect us. I think they do the best they can with what they have to work with and I do what little I can to make their job just a little easier by cooperating with them every chance I get. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by softbaitmaker View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think what this country would be like if we did not have our LEO's of our Police departments at all?
    1. I'm pretty sure that without the Atlanta PD, Kathryn Johnston would still be alive, as would Michael Pleasance without the Chicago PD.
    2. A lack of violations of the 4th Amendment doesn't equate to NO police.

I'm sorry but I cannot find any faults with the and what they do to protect us.
    Memorize:
    1. Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    2. Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    3. Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

When your life is in danger right now, you're either going to protect yourself, or the odds are overwhelming that you're not going to get protected AT ALL.

I'm not willing to give up any of my rights on the basis of the fairytale of police "protection".

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

I guess I find it hard to believe that there is this many angry people living in America, calling themselves Americans that are so afraid of protecting their freedom that they object to a police officer just doing his or her job. Road Blocks have nothing to do with Berlin here in America. Road blocks here are designed to protect law abiding citizens and catch criminals and law breakers. If you are not breaking the law, what do you have to fear? I pass through road blocks all the time and when asked for my papers pertaining to my operators license, proof of insurance and other required documents to drive my Truck or Jeep I show them and move on after being cleared to do so. All the police are doing is their job and that job is trying to catch people breaking the law. Driving on revoked, Driving without insurance, Driving while intoxicated and maybe even arresting wanted felons. Did you ever stop to think that you have the freedom to be driving in the first place to approach that road block. I serve in our Armed Forces in a war for 5 years to make sure you and I continue to have that freedom. Have you ever stopped to think what this country would be like if we did not have our LEO's of our Police departments at all? I'm sorry but I cannot find any faults with the and what they do to protect us. I think they do the best they can with what they have to work with and I do what little I can to make their job just a little easier by cooperating with them every chance I get. JMHO
    So, what Iím hearing you say is that you have no problem w/ Americans, who are not suspected of any crime, being randomly stopped and interrogated?

Youíre also stating that you donít understand why an American would be upset at this intrusion of their privacy?

Perhaps youíve read this before somewhere:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Does that sound at all familiar?

I am a free man I donít want the police in my life at all if I can help it and I feel that I should be able to travel from point A to point B w/ out being harassed by a public servant who works for me.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment