Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 99
Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

This is a discussion on Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 I dont "plan" to shoot anyone, pal. And anyone who does is a damned nutjob and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    I dont "plan" to shoot anyone, pal.
    And anyone who does is a damned nutjob and needs to have his CCW license taken away immediately.
    Gee, aren't you the one who claimed that in Ohio, armed robbery is a PROPERTY crime?

You're utterly unqualified to speak on the law, never mind whether somebody should have his CHL revoked.

By the way, have you talked to Artie Buford yet?

Default 2A

The "rule" that we need to follow is the second amendment.

Right...whod have guesses a rule breaker would believe that crap.
    I guess the same applies to your marriage.
    If your wife doesnt find out that you cheated, then its not really cheating, is it?
    If the store doesnt miss whatever you stole, its not really stealing, is it?
    If the IRS doesnt catch that illegal deduction you took, then its not really 'illegal', is it?

You know whats scary about this?
    You and your ilk are making it VERY clear that Im right about you...you only obey what you have to and to hell with any rules you can get away with breaking.

By all means, please keep talking because by the time Im done here there wont be many left here who will have any respect for you whatsoever...as no decent gun owner should, given your hypocrisy and blatant lack of concern about the rights of OTHERs.

Hmmmm, looks like l Ruger357 needs to go on everyone's ignore list.......... He can have fun chatting with nogods and other just like him. You know... those that have no clue what Rights actually are......
    Leave me alone... and I will leave you alone....
    Don't poke a wolverine with a sharp stick unless you want your balls ripped off.
    Don't start nuthin, wont be nuthin..... (and dont wear pink panties on my property)

Here in FL, there is no requirement to inform LE that you are carrying. I haven't been in a situation where I had to make that decision, but I probably wouldn't inform unless it were going to be an issue, such as if I were being arrested.

Beau is offline I was never here.

I'll gladly polish the badges of the 99%+ of LEOs who put their lives on the line to maintain peace and order over some scum on the web who sit around thinking of some of the bogus **** Ive seen so far in these threads.
    What about your local plumber or electrician. You want to talk about people who put their life on the line for the public. Police barely make the top 10.
    haha....you know whats even funnier?
    The story I read a few weeks about the open carrier who was targeted by a felon with a gun who saw this OCer's gun and decided he wanted it.
    Apparently knowing the guy had a gun and where it was allowed the criminal to get himself positioned so that he could simply take the gun from the man.

Yeah....you open carry all you want. SHOW the felons your gun so they know where it is. So much for surprise.
    I'll keep mine concealed and keep them guessing.
    You got a cite for this story? Every one I've read has turned out to be untrue. Except for a few stories where an LEO has attacked a person from behind to try and get the openly carried weapon. The last one I read was a security guard who tried to take a legally carried firearm from behind. The guard ended up with a busted knee and a broken nose.

I'm not saying an OC'er couldn't be targeted by a crook. I am saying that it is highly unlikely it would happen. The evidence just isn't there to support your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Hmmmm, looks like l Ruger357 needs to go on everyone's ignore list.......... He can have fun chatting with nogods and other just like him. You know... those that have no clue what Rights actually are......
    He has a clue. He just doesn't respect rights or the people who think they are important.

Ruger you got issues. You keep making up imaginary things that you think people want to do.

I can tell you I have no desire to kill anyone. Planning for "what if" scenarios is just part of the responsibility of carrying. Anyone that carries a weapon should plan on the eventual use of said weapon. You said yourself that you practice the use of your weapon. Why would you practice if you never intend to use it? If you do have to use do you plan on shooting the person? Why practice if the answer is no?

I plan for what my actions will be in a lot of different scenarios. Not because I want to kill someone but because I want to have the proper reaction to a situation. I don't want to stand there when I should act or act when I should stand there.

As for officers. They are part of our society. They are not above nor below you and I. They should be treated with the same respect we would give any other person until they do something that shows they don't deserve it. Also as with any other person you meet there is no reason to give them your full confidence and trust. Police are people too. Having a badge can not and does not automatically elevate a person to a higher moral standard. It can not prevent a person from doing the wrong thing.

Notifying a police officer that your carrying is not disrespectful nor is it respectful. It is simply a choice on how to interact. No one on either side is safer because you notified. In fact the potential for unsafe behavior on either side is increased when you notify. At best you could get out of a traffic ticket. At worst you could be ripped from your vehicle at gun point, disarmed, have your property searched, be cuffed, fondled, ruffed up, lectured etc.....................I'll take the ticket please. This is taken from my own personal experience. Would all officers react this way? Definitely not. It is however proof that there are those that would. Had I not notified I would have received a quick ticket for failure to signal and been on my way. Instead I had my RIGHTS <---(capitalized just for you) violated and even though no one was seriously hurt all of us were placed in an unsafe position all because I notified.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Ruger357SP101 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    Suppose you're out for a drive and you've got a tail light out... Or you're doing a bit above the speed limit and you just had a nice set of headers, exhaust pipes, and mufflers put on your car...

Regardless, you're now on the side of the road with a blue light special behind you.

Officer comes to the door and asks for your license and registration... Do you inform him that you are in possession of a concealed handgun or not?

Does the matter that it's the sherrif, a local county officer, or a state trooper change your option?

I think the DMV here flags your plates when you get a CCW. I've always thought it's a good idea to inform.

"Officer, I understand you go through a lot of risk in your line of duty, I would like to minimize this risk and inform you that I am in possession of a Concealed Weapon permit and I do have the weapon on my person (or in the car) The weapon is on my left hip (or next to the emergency brake handle in the center console). My license and registration are in my left front pocket. How would you like to proceed?"
    Getting back to the topic.
    Yes, I inform regardless.

Ruger357SP101 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Discussion continued here;
    Ignoring Gun Buster signage.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    Suppose you're out for a drive and you've got a tail light out... Or you're doing a bit above the speed limit and you just had a nice set of headers, exhaust pipes, and mufflers put on your car...

Regardless, you're now on the side of the road with a blue light special behind you.

Officer comes to the door and asks for your license and registration... Do you inform him that you are in possession of a concealed handgun or not?

Does the matter that it's the sherrif, a local county officer, or a state trooper change your option?

I think the DMV here flags your plates when you get a CCW. I've always thought it's a good idea to inform.

"Officer, I understand you go through a lot of risk in your line of duty, I would like to minimize this risk and inform you that I am in possession of a Concealed Weapon permit and I do have the weapon on my person (or in the car) The weapon is on my left hip (or next to the emergency brake handle in the center console). My license and registration are in my left front pocket. How would you like to proceed?"
    Wonder if this guy knew he was creating the thread that ate Pittsburgh when he hit send
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

antietam is offline storm is comin'

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I agree. I think we're fueling something weird in responding to Ruger357SP101.
    Last edited by antietam; 03-24-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: sp

antietam is offline storm is comin'

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I was going to respond to a number of your posts Ruger but your just not worth it. This thread has gone a long way from it's intent. I will leave you to perfect your simultaneous badge polishing while holster sniffing technique.
    I agree. I think we're fueling something weird in responding to Ruger357SP101