Frangible Ammo- Is It Worth It?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Frangible Ammo- Is It Worth It?

This is a discussion on Frangible Ammo- Is It Worth It? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; What do youse think?...

Default Frangible Ammo- Is It Worth It?

What do youse think?

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    I like the idea. I carry MagSafe in both my 9mm and 45.

Mag Safe Ammo - Pre-Fragmented Saftey Ammunition Handcrafted In The USA
    I think it's a waste of money and illegal in Hawaii. Check your local laws before ordering this ammo. My current ammo choice still does it's job, I'll stick with my Speer Gold Dots.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thanks to you both.

Personally, I don't think the benefits of frangibles outweigh their downfalls. They just don't give you the penetration that I would feel comfortable staking my life on. If you're worried about missing and having a shot pass through the walls, practice more.

The only thing I'd use a frangible for is at a shooting range with a thin backstop. Regarding personal defense, frangibles fall short in stopping power.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I was unable to find anything on this in a brief search on the internet, but I remember reading somewhere that if you used a gun in a self defense scenario, you should have x amount of ammo of the same lot # to be used by Police for ballistics testing after the fact. I think it may have been Masaad Ayoob that said this (and excuse the rusty memory.) I know most frangible ammo is sold in lots of 6 - and tends to be quite pricey. Just another factor to bear in mind.
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
    I was unable to find anything on this in a brief search on the internet, but I remember reading somewhere that if you used a gun in a self defense scenario, you should have x amount of ammo of the same lot # to be used by Police for ballistics testing after the fact. I think it may have been Masaad Ayoob that said this (and excuse the rusty memory.) I know most frangible ammo is sold in lots of 6 - and tends to be quite pricey. Just another factor to bear in mind.
    I can't understand the reasoning behind this. It seems cost prohibitive, and in my mind, goes against the "burden of proof" requirement of the prosecutor.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I'm not impressed with frangible ammo. I have some in 357 sig and it wouldn't feed reliably in my Glock 33 or my Kel-Tec P11 357 sig. It may have been the rounds though. I have some old PMC Green ammo. The newer designs look better but I'll stay with what I know will do the job. Here are some for sale and in stock to give you an idea of the price. View Frangible Ammunition \\ All Manufacturers at http://www.precisionweapons.com
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

whiskey is offline (echo_5)

Default frangible ammo usage

Frangible ammo is kinda gimmicky.
    It has a very limited practical application. Especially when used in handguns.

I could justify it's use by air marshals, I guess.
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

IMHO, frag ammo lacks bullet weight and does not acheive enough penetration to stop an agressor
    I would like to see some real world shooting data where frag ammo was used......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast