FINALLY got my Utah permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FINALLY got my Utah permit

This is a discussion on FINALLY got my Utah permit within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Took the class in Jan - 09 sent it in 2 days later and it finally got here on 5-16-09 ...

Default FINALLY got my Utah permit

Took the class in Jan - 09 sent it in 2 days later and it finally got here on 5-16-09 what a waiting period. their website says they had to hire 6 new employees just to keep up.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Congratulations, CHGOTHNDER! It's taking longer and longer to get permits back in a lot of states. More people than ever are applying and it's slowing the systems down. At least you have yours in your hand now! Carry safe and carry often!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I just finished the Utah CFP instructor class over the weekend. It seems like they're doing their best to keep up with the demand, but with the number of permit applications nearly doubling since November, it's a rather difficult task. They have more people processing the applicaitons, but still have only 3 investigators to complete the background checks. From what I understand, the average wait is around 90 days.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

BBJ

Quote Originally Posted by CHGOTHNDER View Post
    Took the class in Jan - 09 sent it in 2 days later and it finally got here on 5-16-09 what a waiting period. their website says they had to hire 6 new employees just to keep up.
    Good Luck with it!!
    I'm taking the class on Saturday. I thought I would have it for my vacation in August, but I guess not!!

Oh well, glad to hear you got yours!!

waiting sucks for sure! congrats on finally getting it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHGOTHNDER View Post
    Looks like I have another month of waiting

gvaldeg1 is offline NRA Member

Congrats on the Utah Permit. It's a good one. I have both an Arizona and a Utah permit. I travel to Nevada a lot and my Arizona permit is not recognized there but my Utah permit is! Very strange since Arizona is a neighbor state to Nevada and the CCW requirements are essentially the same. Anyway, the 2 permits are recognized in about 40 states so I'm happy.
    MOLON LABE

My nonresident Utah permit arrived in the mail a few days ago. I took the course on Jan.25.

BBJ

Utah cashed my application check today. Anyone remember how long it took after the check was cashed?

bigfrank is offline NRA Instructor

90 days after you check is cashed. 120 from the day they get it.

gvaldeg1: it looks like our Utah permit won't be good in Nevada after July 1. check their site on or after the July 1 to make sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast