None Resident permit question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

None Resident permit question

This is a discussion on None Resident permit question within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Does anyone know what state will allow a none resident, who does not own property in that state to apply ...

GottaBeAh.40 is offline Crazy old Bird

Default None Resident permit question

Does anyone know what state will allow a none resident, who does not own property in that state to apply for a CCP/CCL that is hononed by the state of South Carolina?

Thanks
    When seconds count, the LEO's are only minutes away...

Check the recprocity map. e.g. I have a FL CWL and live in AR. Many states will honor my permit. Only a few do not recognize it, and a few more will only accept a permit if it is a resident permit.

Skip

South Carolina only accepts permits from residents of the issuing state. They do not accept non-resident permits from any state.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    South Carolina only accepts permits from residents of the issuing state. They do not accept non-resident permits from any state.
    Not quite true. South Carolina will issue a permit if you own property in that state. Therefore you do not have to be a resident of that state. Just own property. It is true that they do not recognize non-resident permits of other states. S Carolina does not recognize my Pa. resident permit. They will also not recognize my Florida non-resident permit which I hope to receive soon. They are a bit backlogged.
    Last edited by CapGun; 06-11-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: word missing

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBeAh.40 View Post
    Does anyone know what state will allow a none resident, who does not own property in that state to apply for a CCP/CCL that is hononed by the state of South Carolina?

Thanks
    Pennsylvania gives carry permits to non residents. So do some other states. The qualifier is that you must have a carry permit from the state you reside in. S Carolina does not recognize non resident permits except their own >>> see above post

GottaBeAh.40 is offline Crazy old Bird

Thanks for that info. I have mine in Georgia, but per the map, SC doesnt honor it. Thanks again..
    When seconds count, the LEO's are only minutes away...

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Not quite true. South Carolina will issue a permit if you own property in that state. Therefore you do not have to be a resident of that state. Just own property. It is true that they do not recognize non-resident permits of other states. S Carolina does not recognize my Pa. resident permit. They will also not recognize my Florida non-resident permit which I hope to receive soon. They are a bit backlogged.
    Wasn't talking about a South Carolina permit. My statement was that they would not accept non-resident permits from other states. The only permits they accept (other than theirs) are those issued to residents of the issuing state that has reciprocity.

Kinda nice here in Vermont as we do not need a permit.As long as you can legally own/obtain a firearm,you can carry.Just have to follow fed guidelines(NO carry in schools,gov buildings/post office,etc.)The downfall is no other states will recognize that,except Alaska

On a positive note, in SC one may keep a loaded handgun in the glovebox or console box of his vehicle even without a CC permit of any sort.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

G50AE is offline Banned

On the negative side, there is a long list a places that you cannot carry in the People's Republic of South Carolina.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast