Be careful or give us a bad rap

Be careful or give us a bad rap

This is a discussion on Be careful or give us a bad rap within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; These kind of mistakes reflect on all of us. Practice everything with your firearm. Florida Woman Shot in Leg by ...

Default Be careful or give us a bad rap

These kind of mistakes reflect on all of us. Practice everything with your firearm.
    Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    A gun in the hand is worth more than a cop on the phone.

For as many of us that do carry on a regular basis, this kind of story is pretty rare. Just the same, we do have to pay attention to what we are doing.
    I am sure that some anti some place is going to all over this like a hobo on a hotdog....
    Semper Fi

G50AE is offline Banned

Default Drop safety

I would like to raise a few points about this incident that the article does not address. First a few questions,
    1- The article mentions that the gun fell from a waist holster. What type of holster was this? IWB, paddle, pancake, beltslide, or some other type of OWB? What retension devices did the holster have and were they used? i.e. tension screws or thumbreak. Was the holster used with a sturdy belt designed for carrying the weight of a firearm?
    2- What type of firearm was involved in the incident and how was it being carried?

I think Fox News should have done a better job and answered these questions. Let me address a few points as to why.

1- There are many levels of quality when it comes to holster. Anything from, outstanding to, is that duct tape holding it together? Good holsters retain the weapon alot better than poor ones. Also certain holsters lend themselves better or worse to different people. Knowing the type of holster used would sure shed a bit of light on the unfortunate incident.

2- Whatever firearm you carry, make sure it is reasonably drop safe. And carry the firearm in the apropriate state of readiness. That means condition 1 for a 1911 style pistol, loaded chamber for a Glock, hammer down for most double action pistols, hammer down for a revolvers. The article doesn't say what the woman was carrying, so my comments are kinda limitted here.

Quote Originally Posted by fitebak View Post
    These kind of mistakes reflect on all of us. Practice everything with your firearm.
    Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    And anti-gun relative pointed this story out to me sometime ago. I replied "people kill other people when they get into accidents while texting while driving. Does that mean we should outlaw cell phones?"

Her response was "No, but we do outlaw texting while driving, so perhaps we should outlaw having a loaded weapon while crapping in a public bathroom."

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    And anti-gun relative pointed this story out to me sometime ago. I replied "people kill other people when they get into accidents while texting while driving. Does that mean we should outlaw cell phones?"

Her response was "No, but we do outlaw texting while driving, so perhaps we should outlaw having a loaded weapon while crapping in a public bathroom."
    When you gotta go you gotta go. The gun in the restroom is not a problem. For this person how to handle the weapon safely apparently was.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7