What state has the best CCW
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What state has the best CCW

This is a discussion on What state has the best CCW within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I am in the in the military. And I love to travel the states. I am looking for a CCW ...

Default What state has the best CCW

I am in the in the military. And I love to travel the states. I am looking for a CCW for one state that most states will recognizes, that I will not have to jump through hoops for. Can anyone help me out?

It's kinda sad that the Bill of Rights is a Federal document and the 2nd amendment is for all, but each state has the right to make the call who can and who can't carry a weapon in state. A “Federal Firearms CCW or LTCC” would be nice especially for members of the US Military. The maps on the main page have links to which states honor the others LTC or CCW permits. Take a look and pick away!!!
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Default Hello Soldier

I am almost certain that Florida will get you the best bang for the buck. They are also the most aggressive about adding more states to their reciprocal acceptance.

It is a little pricey, but now the license is good for 7 years. Contact them here to e-mail a request for the package. They mail it.
    ]
    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Or call and they mail it out. This of course means you need a Fl resident D/L license, or settle for a few less states with a FL non resident license. Some states won't accept non resident licenses.

Here is the reciprocity list form the FL Dept. of agriculture http://http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl...led_carry.html

Hope that helps. Thank you for your service to the country.

Not sure about "bang for the buck" vs. Florida but UTAH permit is honored in just as many states, I think. Make sure you check that out, too. The map at the start of this website can help, and it seems pretty well up-to-date although seems to be a "lag time" in this map being updated when a state changes its reciprocity (understandable).

Thanks for your service to the country.

Leaving aside reciprocity, I kind of feel jealous of my Texas brethren, who are still living in the Old West and perps better be very very wary of anything they do. Cannot understand it all but the case of the guy on the phone with 911 who blasted the hell out of perps robbing his neighbor's house and did not get prosecuted gave me a little smile even though I have reservations about the scenario.

Probably Florida or Utah. Many of the states will not issue a Concealed Carry Permit unless you are a resident. Those two states wil issue a non-resident permit. In addition, some states recognize an out-of-state permit, but then stop honoring the out-of-state permit within a certain period after establishing residence. I would probably go with the Florida permit.

Idaho's permit isn't honored by that many states, but they do honor permits from every other state, resident and non-resident, bar none. So whichever permit you get, you can come here and vacation anytime.

Arizona has no residency requirements - they issue AZ CCW Permits to US Citizens, period. Regardless of where in the US you live - provided the training occurs in AZ. Recognized by more than half the US and still a very reasonable cost.

AZ is extremely pro-citizen/pro-gun when it comes to CCW and gun laws.

I train many many GI's here near Ft. Huachuca and Davis Monthan airbase. Happy CCW hunting and thanks for serving.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I'll echo Utah and Florida. I have my Florida and am looking at getting Utah. As far as the best states to live "in" for concealed carry laws....VT and AK do not require a permit at all. In fact, in VT, you need not even be a resident of the state to enjoy the right to carry in VT. You can also open carry in VT and again, no permit rquired. I love when we take ski trips up to VT in the winter! If the other 48 would just follow that Gold Standard, the world would be a better place!

If were talking solely reciprocity then Utah and Florida have the best permits. If we're talking carry rights and privileges then Im going to say Indiana has the best permits. No classes needed to get a permit (this may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it), you can take your gun anywhere really, except schools and government buildings. No such thing as a gun free zone here except for a government building. Oh and LIFETIME permits now, gotta love that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast