Pennsylvaia non res. CCW - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pennsylvaia non res. CCW

This is a discussion on Pennsylvaia non res. CCW within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by trophyhunter Im sorry to hear that about your state.They wont issue CCW Permits to residents? I thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Im sorry to hear that about your state.They wont issue CCW Permits to residents? I thought New York State Was Rough But, Sounds Like NJ is Harder. Why doesnt NJ Issue CCW permits for their residents? I know for a fact that Centre County requires CCW from your State of residence But, The Sheriff In Centre is a great guy he Does believe in armed citizans Try calling him and, talking to him and, explain your situation. Sheriff Denny Nau 1-814-355-6803 or email,(dbnau@co.centre.pa.us) he will listen to what you have to say the best way to achieve your goal is to go in person My friend and I, drove down to his office so tim could apply for his permit we where in and, out with tims permit in about hour and a half and, the conversation we hade with the sheriff was great he really enjoys his job and believe it or not the revenue generated from non-resiedent CCW permits helps his community so the moral is Centre County will only deny a permit based on criminal records not Political so calling him and, introducing yourself goes along way with good ole guys they believe in respecting fellow citizens by far the whole sheriffs office doesnt think like some departments that, they are above the law. very down to earth people and caring. good luck please let me know the outcome if you should deciede to call him.

Needing a License from your home state is a PA state law, not a sheriff add on.

18 Pa.C.S. 6109: Licenses

* (e)(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
    o ...
    o (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    even tho there are several sheriffs that illegally add requirements, I dont think you will find any that will ignore requirements

I never implied that he would ignore state law, merely stated he maybe could steer you in right direction or, advise you on other possibilities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12