Securing for Readily Accessible Car Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Securing for Readily Accessible Car Carry

This is a discussion on Securing for Readily Accessible Car Carry within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; It's like Nissan built the Altima fo those wanting to carry the handgun in the car.....heres mine. Incognito: Ready to ...

It's like Nissan built the Altima fo those wanting to carry the handgun in the car.....heres mine.
    Incognito:

Ready to Rock & Roll, with spare mag & rail mounted light of course.

With a little ingenuity it always possible to stash a gun that's near to hand in a vehicle. If you are going to need it, then chances are you'll need it in a hurry, so it should be readily accessible.

But the option I prefer is to use a good outside crossdraw holster with no cant at the 9 or 10 o'clock position. This is my EDC mode. This carry mode is so much more utilitarian in all situations that I can't imagine why it is not more widely used. Whether in a vehicle, at a table or desk, or walking, the gun is readily available. Don Hume makes a dandy holster, the JIT model, which works great for either a strong side or crossdraw carry.

I have a Sure Set Holster Mount attached to the floor between the driver and passenger floorboards. Here's a photo from their website:

Their website is :
    http://www.sshmi.com/index.html

I just put a hat over the gun if I'm leaving it in the vehicle for any reason.

All good ideas.
    I stick mine,in the holster,in between the passenger seat and the center consolewith a piece of paper or something against the clip so it don't scratch the console.It's easily and quickly accessible,and I can throw something over it to cover it up at a traffic light or stop sign or in case I get pulled over by a LEO ,so they don't panic.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

The New MINI ('07 or newer on the R56 platform) has an interesting feature... A push on the dash panel above the glovebox opens a hidden compartment just big enough for a small frame automatic. VERY cool! When I get back on my feet . . . foot . . . I'll take a picture and post it here.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I found a very functional and reasonable car holster made by Desantis called the Kingston™ Car Seat Holster. It is very practicle, affordable and makes alot of sense. Check it out and you might like it:
    http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html
    Last edited by sfdtuzolto; 02-12-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Cooter is offline Liberty or Death

I carry a S&W 5904 in 9mm under my seat in my truck. I have a nylon holster with an adjustable strap, I just wrapped that around the frame on the seat. And I rigged some heavy wire to support the other end.
    I have to bend down as far as I can to reach it, but if I'm being shot at or whatever, I would be ducking at first anyway. But you can't even see it unless you put your face on the floor board, and shine a flashlight under the seat.

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by sfdtuzolto View Post
    I found a very functional and reasonable car holster made by Desantis called the Kingston™ Car Seat Holster. It is very practicle, affordable and makes alot of sense. Check it out and you might like it:
    http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html
    The one flaw that I notice just from looking at the picture is that the user would be sitting on a plastic buckle that's rather large for comfort. Maybe a fixture on the front of the seat, without the accompanying belt, would make it easier to use.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Default How Do You Carry In Your Vehicle

How do you carry in your vehicle? When I was living in Nevada I was able to carry in the open which is what I prefer. I would have my gun in a slim nylon holster that I took the belt clip off of and stuck it in between my seat and console. All I have to do is ready down and grab it.

Here is Florida, I currently carry my Glock 23 in my car at all times since my G26 is now my carry gun. Right now I leave it in the center console as I can't have it in the open unless it is in a holster with a thumb break. But I will be ordering one this week so that I can start carrying it back between the seat and console.

I just think it is too hard and would take too long to try and get to my concealed gun while in my car whether it was on my body or in the console itself.

Thought and opinions?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

It kind of depends on the time of the year and how I am carrying. For instance in fall or winter when the weather is cooler I often wear a leather vest from Coranaco Leather. This has inside gun pockets on each side and so my gun/guns are in them when in the car. At other times when using a regular holster I take out my firearm and carry it in the console for comfort and easy access.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast