Gun cameras - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gun cameras

This is a discussion on Gun cameras within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; My ultimate impression would be eventually to see something that fits the size of system that Lasermax uses. With all ...

My ultimate impression would be eventually to see something that fits the size of system that Lasermax uses. With all these problems, I think I found a new challenge to entertain myself with during off periods. Good Sense to put this engineering degree of mine to good use. I'm not thinking of CCW carry as much, but the camera would be great in training or competition. Its a nice compact way to analyze your shooting. Sort of a cool idea. Lots of problems though. I too hate the surveillance cameras. However, I can see how they could come to your defense in a tricky sitaution. Its helped many times in the past.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

If anyone is afraid of the film hurting you in court, then don't bring it into evidence, or erase it...oops! You always should preview anything and everything [U]before[U] court, not during or after.
    U. S. Navy [Aviation], Retired

I think prosecutors would have an easy time picking apart the film frame by frame and using it against you.

"why didn't you take the opportunity at that point right there, to flee?"
    "you don't appear to be backing away from the threat to me"
    "It's clear that the first shot stopped the threat, why did you fire two to the chest"

Maybe as a training aid, but I'd never put one on my carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I think prosecutors would have an easy time picking apart the film frame by frame and using it against you.

"why didn't you take the opportunity at that point right there, to flee?"
    "you don't appear to be backing away from the threat to me"
    "It's clear that the first shot stopped the threat, why did you fire two to the chest"

Maybe as a training aid, but I'd never put one on my carry guns.
    I would have to agree on this point. There are so many incidents out there that show either an officer or civillian filmed in a shooting situation. The officers have this via their windsheild cam. Situations which are actually much more threatening on tape, don't always appear as so on camera. I can think of the recent Taser incident where "on tape" it appeared as if the officer just shot the guy for the heck of it. In reality, the person was known to be threatening and was very much so in person. However, the camera cannot pick up on all of the intent sometimes. I still like the idea, as I would love to film tactical movements, shooting, etc from a first person view in line with the gun. I actually have a helmet camera that I sometimes use, but something off the gun sure sounds cool.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12