Thoughts on cell phone holster for LCP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thoughts on cell phone holster for LCP

This is a discussion on Thoughts on cell phone holster for LCP within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; I will be getting my CCW this year. I have a Ruger LCP which I want to carry and was ...

Default Thoughts on cell phone holster for LCP

I will be getting my CCW this year. I have a Ruger LCP which I want to carry and was looking at a holster that resembles a large cell phone belt case (or PDA case). While perhaps not the quickest draw it would be easy to "hide in plane sight". I would consider other holster options in cooler weather sweaters would cover a IWB nicely, but summer limits clothing options. Does anyone have any experience with this type of case, good or bad?
    Last edited by lukem; 04-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.

LCP in a pocket holster. Much more user friendly and easy draw compared to the pouch holsters.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

before buying, try drawing from a sitting position. For some people, it's difficult, if almost impossible to draw quickly w/o standing up
    "You have 2 choices in life: you can be a sheep, or you can be a sheepdog"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketscientist55 View Post
    I will be getting my CCW this year. I have a Ruger LCP which I want to carry and was looking at a holster that resembles a large cell phone belt case (or PDA case). While perhaps not the quickest draw it would be easy to "hide in plane sight". I would consider other holster options in cooler weather sweaters would cover a IWB nicely, but summer limits clothing options. Does anyone have any experience with this type of case, good or bad?
    I don't think they are practical and they look cheesy. Go IWB or pocket holster.

Dale64 is offline Defying Gravity

Opinion?
    You need a holster that you can draw from VERY quickly and VERY smoothly.
    The holster you have chosen provides neither!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Pocket carry, Desantis nemisis holster or OWB with a t-shirt over it, it will hide in plain sight with just that. The in the pocket is a VERY fast and discreet draw....

I often carry my LCP in a Blackhawk #1. Works great.

IMHO, a cell phone case is like a fanny pack...difficult to quickly get the weapon and downright dorky looking.

twogunwilly is offline American

There is no one perfect holster for every occasion, get a bunch you will anyway
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

I agree with the front pocket holster being the best route to take. I carry a LCP in a Galco pocket holster and it works well.

I recently bought the ruger .380 LCP for my wife. I bought her a pocket holster and a IWB holster. She loves them both. You guys need to check out Remora holsters. They are clip free and best part made in the USA. They are great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast