Best tritium night sites
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Best tritium night sites

This is a discussion on Best tritium night sites within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; Hey all, I have been putting this off for a while, but I think I'm going to order some night ...

Default Best tritium night sites

Hey all,

I have been putting this off for a while, but I think I'm going to order some night sites for one of my glocks and XDs. What are the best and brightest Tritium night sites? My buddy is a LEO and he had his latest duty weapon ordered with night sites directly from glock, and he likes those quite a bit. Anyone have any experience?

thanks.

ive uesed meprolight (pretty bright if you ask me) my PD buddies all use trijicon cause thats what the department went with, cant go wrong with either brand IMO. I also felt that the mepro's were brighter, not by an OMG lot just enough to notice. also might want to look into ones with trivium and a fiber optic. those are really bright all the time. i thinnk truglo makes a set.

trailboss is offline Gunsmith

+1 for meprolights

IMHO a sales gimmik
    I liked them but they are kinda like having a laser sight

completely useless unless its pitch black. (help i'm stuck in a cave black, then you cant see the target, but you will see the sights.)
    under ANY light conditions.... a white paint dot is just as good.

a good flashlight in your off hand is a better investment.

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    +1 for meprolights

IMHO a sales gimmik
    I liked them but they are kinda like having a laser sight

completely useless unless its pitch black. (help i'm stuck in a cave black, then you cant see the target, but you will see the sights.)
    under ANY light conditions.... a white paint dot is just as good.

a good flashlight in your off hand is a better investment.
    Yeah I've heard meprolights are good, but I agree with you trailboss... That's why I have put it off for so long. But I figured I'd try out some night sites anyway for my primary carry... I don't know yet...

Thanks for the reply guys.

xGaspy is offline mmm turbo!

I'm getting ready to order a set of Trijicons tonight, been searching up and down myself for a while. Feel comfortable these will work out great, lots of great feedback and the 12 year guarantee is awesome.

I have Trijicon's, Siglight's, and Tru-Glo TFO. My favorite of the 3 is the Tru-Glo although the Trijicon's may have been brighter when they were new. They're about 10 years old now and the others are brand new out of the box.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Tru Glo....Another vote for them...best in any light. I looked at all the rest and in "normal" light conditions all the others looked the same, but the TFO's are more visible than standard, and at night just as bright as the others. I really like the stock "glow" sights that came on my HK. I'd put those on all my firearms if they were available.

philpac33 is offline G.O.A.T.

I like Meprolights fine but I prefer Trijicon personally. I put XS Big Dot night sights on my EDC Glock 23 and those use Trijicon tritium tubes; many factory night sights also use Trijicon and they're also found in Heinie sights as well. I shoot a little more accurately with a traditional 3-dot design but the combat style of the Big Dot definitely gives me faster target acquisition.

trailboss is offline Gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    I like Meprolights fine but I prefer Trijicon personally. I put XS Big Dot night sights on my EDC Glock 23 and those use Trijicon tritium tubes; many factory night sights also use Trijicon and they're also found in Heinie sights as well. I shoot a little more accurately with a traditional 3-dot design but the combat style of the Big Dot definitely gives me faster target acquisition.
    oh, I forgot about XS Big Dot.....I had a set several years ago, they are probably the best for self defense.
    Get XS with tritium tubes=best of both worlds.

Now off the the XS website

Trijicon HD - standard green. In regards to the poster who thinks they are a gimmick for cave men. Tell that to SpecOps, FBI, CIA, etc who all carry it. BTW, my Trijicon are bright enough that if necessary, I can use them to make out writing in a very small space, tell time on a watch (even though I usually wear my Luminox tritium watch. Also, it makes you easier to see where the gun is if you are awakened in the middle of the night and slightly disoriented.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast