DeSantis Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

DeSantis Holsters

This is a discussion on DeSantis Holsters within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; I just received my Sig Sauer P938 and after searching endlessly I settle on a DeSantis The Nemesis ($24.99) pocket ...

White Doberman Guest

Default DeSantis Holsters

I just received my Sig Sauer P938 and after searching endlessly I settle on a DeSantis The Nemesis ($24.99) pocket holster. Desantis claims: "This will revolutionize pocket holsters. Never before has there been a material this viscous. This pocket holster will absolutely not move out of position in your front pocket."

It's so not true.

Not only does it move in my pocket it consistently comes out of my pocket once the pistol is drawn.

I called Desantis this morning to see if they would exchange is for a The Super Fly ($37,99): "When we designed the original Nemesis®, we thought that it would remain the best pocket holster forever! Well, it just got even better! The Super Fly® has outdone even the best! Super Fly's® new exclusive sticky rubberized fabric is even more viscous than the Nemesis."

They were willing to do so and I was willing to pay the price difference. The Super Fly is $13 more, but they wanted to charge me shipping for both the outbound Super Fly and the inbound Nemesis. In total the shipping including the original Nemesis, that does not function as described, would be $22.50. CRAZY!

I asked them to waive the shipping of either the return or the Super Fly and they declined. They wanted me to take pictures of the Nemesis and have their R&D department determine if they should pay return shipping. I told them there was nothing wrong with it and it was brand new, one week old, it just doesn't work as described, but they wouldn't budge. The woman on the phone would not let me speak to a supervisor either. She said, "well there really isn't one." I asked again all politely and she declined.

I told her I was going to put in a dispute with my credit card company instead for failure to provide services as described and product failure and she said only their R&D department could determine that. There is also a 20% restocking fee on all products!

So I have disputed the holster for the $24.99. I'll never buy from this company again. Ever.

This is why I spend a few more bucks and buy from my local holster maker . His leather holsters don't move . Are tough and cost like 10$ more for a pocket holster then the first one you got

And I thought about getting one of them now I'm really glad I didn't . Try the holster with some tighter pants .

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    And I thought about getting one of them now I'm really glad I didn't . Try the holster with some tighter pants .

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post

. ? I'm confused here lol

White Doberman Guest

I'm really pissed at Desantis right now. Can you give me the name or web address of your holster maker?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by White Doberman View Post
    I'm really pissed at Desantis right now. Can you give me the name or web address of your holster maker?
    Thanks
    WD, while not cheap Kramer makes an outstanding pocket holster.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

I carry Desantis holsters and absolutely love them. Neither are pocket holsters, and I purchased them at my Local Gun Store so I didn't have the obvious pleasure in dealing with their customer service. However, the two holsters I own are high quality and very well made. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Winthrop holsters

White Doberman Guest

I think he's laughing at the tighter pants line.
    I have tried carrying The Nemesis in jeans, 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants, TAD Gear Force 10 cargo and Amphibious cargo shorts, and Khakis.

All with the same result. It moves and comes out of the pocket on draw.

I only use Milt Sparks for my 1911. He's the best. Best holster I have ever owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast