Any one have any experience with Alien Gear Holsters?

Any one have any experience with Alien Gear Holsters?

This is a discussion on Any one have any experience with Alien Gear Holsters? within the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear forums, part of the Handguns category; Alien Gear Holsters Seems decent and inexpensive. Any one have any experience with their products?...

Default Any one have any experience with Alien Gear Holsters?

Alien Gear Holsters Seems decent and inexpensive. Any one have any experience with their products?

I have not. I do have 3 Old Faithful holsters which are similar. Most comfortable holster ever, and they use great leather & thick kydex. I've made all stages of their holsters. Wearing one right now with my 92FS. Alien doesn't state what kind of leather, and how thick the Kydex is. Old Faithful does. I'm not knocking them, just saying. But I can only attest to what I've used, and my 3 Old Faithfull holsters, rendered my drawer full of other holsters, useless :)

well, I just went to their site.... considering you get to use it for 4 weeks....sending it back for a full refund if you don't like it, or if you think that someone else makes a better holster... and also considering all the holsters (one model...lol) they make, have a full forever warranty.....at $29.88 for ANY model holster (again, they only make one model...), I don't see where you can go wrong... I really wish I would have seen this before I filled up a drawer with holsters.!!!

For an IWB type holster, this IS what I'll try next time around.

I have two of them already. One for a full size S&W and the other for a KelTec PF9. I love both of them. They break in quick. They use high quality parts. They have an awesome warranty, and you can't beat the price. Win-win in my book.

here are some spec they give on the website for the leather and kydex

Better Quality Components - We looked at the materials used by Crossbreed, Galco, and Desantis and we chose our material to be several grades higher in every regard. Really.

-- Leather - We use premium 10-12 ounce drum dyed leather that is 100% SWEATPROOF and WATERPROOF and will remain so for life. Others use 8 ounce leather and they try to combat the sweat issue by selling you horsehide. For example, Crossbreed offers horsehide for a *surcharge*, but HORSEHIDE IS NOT SWEATPROOF. Theirs is not drum dyed, and it is not a comfy 10-12 ounce leather.

-- Plastic - Our plastic outer shells are built better by using .093 thick material that covers the gun much better and has a more attractive finish. Our shells are molded to the bottom edge of the gun to protect the front sights from impact and to prevent the pistol from wearing a hole in your garments. Crossbreed, Galco, and virtually everyone else only use a small amount of a very thin .060 plastic and leave most of the firearm exposed. Sure, it's easier to manufacture that way, but it's not the best way to make a holster

Well, you can't beat the "Lifetime Warranty" either. I am always skeptical of so called Lifetime Warranties, but they do stand behind their product. I just traded the pistol that I bought my first AlienGear holster for. Just out of curiosity I decided to e-mail them and see if I could order a Kydex form for my new Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. At best I figured to pay for the blank and shipping. Well, to my surprise, they e-mail me back and tell me they are sending me a form for my new pistol "FREE OF CHARGE".
    I know there are a lot of holster manufacturers out there that make good products. Many even at good prices. Some even have good customer service. But when you can get all of the above at one place you are crazy not to deal with them. I do not work for AlienGear. I am not compensated in any way by AlienGear. But when I find a company that is this impressive in this day in time, I have to tell somebody. If you need a good IWB holster give them a try. You will not be disappointed.

I've never tried Alien specifically, but I've had Old Faithful's (same thing) what bothered me was the clips weren't shielded from touching you. I've got a few extra lb's on me so maybe that made it worse. I've found for smaller guns the single clip holsters are more comfortable because they allow the gun to "float" more naturally. Plus I wear at 3:00-3:30. I do like the double clip hybrids but there really designed for 4:00-5:00 posistion.

I have had mine for about 3 months and it has worked very well. I carry my xd9 almost daily and it has been very comfortable.
    No color bleeding, no problems with the kydex. Just as comfortable as any of the other hybrids I have tried.
    Excellent value, great customer service.
    I recommend them to anyone who wants to try a hybrid because Alien Gear has a 30 day trial period. If you don't like it send it back.

I picked up my Alien for my XD40 after a simply cheap IWB felt.. well. cheap and didn't feel it secured the XD well.. I have my Blackhawk paddle which I love, but for more discreet carry, the Alien fits the bill. I love it 110%.. Fit, form, and comfort. The only thing that I think would improve it, it the finger release like my blackhawk has. Otherwise, I love the Alien line, hands down.
    --------------------------
    - Tim | tim@carryfriendly.info
    Springfield SA-XD / Rem .243

They have.a.GREAT.product.Can't.go wrong.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR