Methadone Treatment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Methadone Treatment

This is a discussion on Methadone Treatment within the Connecticut Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Hey everyone, I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with, I just can seem ...

Default Methadone Treatment

Hey everyone,
    I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with, I just can seem to get a clear answer on this.
    I have absolutely NO criminal record, clean as a whistle in that department, but a little over a year ago I voluntarily (NOT court ordered) joined a Methadone Treatment Program that im still apart of today.
    I was just wondering if being on the Methadone Program would have any negative effects regarding my CCW being approved.

Thanks!
    -Brian

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Question 11 – E on the current ATF Form 4473 is as follows:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

ATF Form 4473

Since your answer would appear to be yes I'm going to guess that there will be some negative effects WRT getting a CHP
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Are you a heroin addict?
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

Being a drug addict will prevent you from legally getting your CHP (if you fill out the 4473 honestly). If you have ever been arrested for possessing/using illegal drugs, it will be on your record when they do your background check.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM !!
    (If you wish for peace, prepare for war !!)

Do us all a favor and dont get a gun if you are in a program for substance abuse. Thanks!

cgiven1 is offline DAV-Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Guss View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with, I just can seem to get a clear answer on this.
    I have absolutely NO criminal record, clean as a whistle in that department, but a little over a year ago I voluntarily (NOT court ordered) joined a Methadone Treatment Program that im still apart of today.
    I was just wondering if being on the Methadone Program would have any negative effects regarding my CCW being approved.

Thanks!
    -Brian
    Yes, being in a treatment program, voluntary or not, shows a history of drug usage which will prevent your getting a permit. Lying will get you prison.
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA

I applaud you for seeking help for your substance use disorder. It would be unlawful to carry a firearm while in a treatment program. In that Methadone is highly addictive, I would suggest titrating down to 40mg and entering an abstinence based program. Then when you meet federal and state guidelines for carrying it would legal. It is also unlawful to omit the information on an application. I had to wait due to TN law. I know from my experience that stability comes with longterm sobriety.

Why even ask that ?

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    Why even ask that ?
    Because he wanted to troll a gun forum
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Classic troll......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast