Wheelchair-bound homeowner ends a home invasion with The Judge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wheelchair-bound homeowner ends a home invasion with The Judge

This is a discussion on Wheelchair-bound homeowner ends a home invasion with The Judge within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; Local to my area. Read this story, and imagine the outcome had the homeowner not been prepared. | Ocala.com | ...

Default Wheelchair-bound homeowner ends a home invasion with The Judge

Local to my area. Read this story, and imagine the outcome had the homeowner not been prepared.

| Ocala.com | Star-Banner | Ocala, FL

I too am disabled, and spend my time in a power chair.............. Only time I am not prepared is in the shower, I mite not win its not because not prepared tho............. Oh and in the shower its in reach
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

How do we know he used a "Judge"? It does not mention it in the article.

If you have separate info on that, do you know if he was firing slugs or shot? I think the Judge would make a great defensive weapon with shot and just wonder story if this backs that up.

The only indication I have of what he used was from info in the original article on the incident. Newspaper described the gun as a .45 Colt caliber which the owner called "Judge". Sorry, no info as to what loads were used. Given the chance, I will ask some folks that may know.

gdcleanfun is offline Banned

I'm glad the homeowner was prepared and that he is still with us!

Default No "Judge" but the real one...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley View Post
    The only indication I have of what he used was from info in the original article on the incident. Newspaper described the gun as a .45 Colt caliber which the owner called "Judge". Sorry, no info as to what loads were used. Given the chance, I will ask some folks that may know.
    I re-read the article again, and it said nothing about the weapon the home owner used except for the caliber. Unless there is another article that I hav not seen, the only "Judge" mentioned is the one that the men went before.
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Let's hope that if it was the Judge, it was loaded with .45 LC. From what I read at theboxotruth.com buckshot penetration is inadequate when launched from that short barrel.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

The article I linked to is not the original article about the incident. The original article referenced the firearm as The Judge.
    -Kevin

Reference to the firearm is located in the following article, page 4, line 19:
    The latest on the fatal home invasion | Ocala.com | Star-Banner | Ocala, FL

Someone I now familiar with the case told me that it was a 3" barrel Taurus Judge loaded with Federal 000 buckshot, 2.5" (4 pellets). I can't substantiate this as fact, but I believe it based on the source.
    -Kevin

Ropadope is offline eHarmony Reject

You stay classy Florida.

Kids will learn sooner or later, or it's their life. They got what they deserved.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast