Confrontation scenario - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Confrontation scenario

This is a discussion on Confrontation scenario within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by OldOwl I suggest everyone read The concealed handgun manual by chris Bird. I asked Santa for it ...

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I suggest everyone read The concealed handgun manual by chris Bird.
    I asked Santa for it a few years ago. Best $20 she ever spent. I go back to it often. It's AMAZING how badly you can get SCREWED for defending yourself.

What I took away from it all was, if I'm going to shoot somebody, I have to be damned well positive in my mind I'm going to die if I don't. Otherwise, I'll probably be wishing I were dead anyway when the state gets done with me for shooting someone, regardless of the situation. So, on the two occasions where I was really scared for my well being, I simply put my hand on my gun and left it concealed, and waited to see. What I thought was going to be a gun one time turned out to be a pack of cigarettes he pulled out, and the second time, the guy heading straight for me passed by within a few feet totally dismissing my presence when I thought he was coming for me. Many may think I'm foolish, but I give the perp the benefit of the doubt until all doubt is removed, and then hope my speed and skill level is superior. I can't imagine wrongfully killing somebody and ruining the future of my family. But that's just me.

Wise OldOwl!!!

Bye the way ... How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Quote Originally Posted by .45 Ben View Post
    I think a nice .45" size hole in the ribs would get their attention.I dont wont to go through the process of killing anyone,but i will dang sure mess them up with some careful shots.Besides,do they really want to go to prison for 30 years because they shot someone out of the blue? Are people this reckless really ready to take a life? I may differ from some of you in that you would not hesitate to do a headshot,but i dont train all i do to just kill.I train to be precise,and hopefully give a non-deadly wound.However,if the attack still doesnt stop,im shooting again.
    So you would much rather be in jail for attemped murder and get sued in Civil Court for everything you have and will have in the future by the BG? If Mr. Bad Guy can talk "he" will become the victim NOT you.

The "I just wanted to wound him" explaination isn't viewed favoribly by most jurys or LEO's. Our thought's (so I'm told) should be to "stop" the threat and "don't stop until the threat has been stopped". In my readings of Mr. Massod Ayoob, he states (not quoting verbatium) in many instances it takes several well placed shot to stop a BG that's intent causing you "great bodily harm or death" or tweeked out from their drug of choice from attacking you.

AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by asaling View Post
    Wise OldOwl!!!

Bye the way ... How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
    The world may never know.

Default Shoot Yes - Double Tap Maybe Not

There are several different thoughts on engaging multiple attackers. If I'm going to have to shoot 3 badguys, I am going to shoot everyone once, provided the guy with the club goes down.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456