witnessing to a huge fight? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

witnessing to a huge fight?

This is a discussion on witnessing to a huge fight? within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; Don't pull it in situations in which you wouldn't be entirely justified in using it. That goes for everything: guns, ...

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

Don't pull it in situations in which you wouldn't be entirely justified in using it. That goes for everything: guns, knives, umbrellas, recording devices, writing implements, etc.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Good answer goldwing; only thing I could add to your comment is asking these kind of questions on this forum are pretty much what the forum is all about---some threads are informative and make sense--others ask questions and "what ifs" that seem to come out of outer space. Sorry American Greed but if you are inferring that you have the idea that your good and helpful nature over situations like this make you an LEO, you are going to get in a lot of trouble. I understand "alter ego rules" but words are not imminent threat to anyone and I'll bet that Chuckie Cheese is a "no gun" establishment.

I cannot imagine I would be in such a place without one or more of my grandkids.

I'd get them out of there and dial 911.

Now if someone attempts to prevent me getting the grandkids to safety, all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Don't pull it in situations in which you wouldn't be entirely justified in using it. That goes for everything: guns, knives, umbrellas, recording devices, writing implements, etc.
    +1 Words to the Wise: Never, ever, ever react to anything except an imminent life threatening situation! (Words, actions or otherwise).

"When you are walking across a field of grass and you come upon a pile of dog s***, don't stir it up with your walking stick. It will only begin to stink and draw flies!"...an old Polish proverb (per my long-gone grandmother).
    "There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People."

I realize this is all a hypothetical. Not what I'd expect in a kiddie-theme restaurant.

I agree with the consensus: your life is not in immediate danger, just gather your loved ones, exit, and dial 911 from safety (maybe as you are driving away).

I sense a desire to be helpful here, but you are not a LEO and a CCW permit does not make the permitholder any kind of 'deputy'.

Notice too as the video unfolds how the behavior seems really threatening at one point then just sort of devolves into playground shoving while people mill around as if they're enjoying the entertainment.
    No way of knowing what the relationships and past history is/are with this bunch, nor who's who. Pulling a gun would have instantly changed those dynamics unpredictably, probably for the worse. And yours might not have been the only gun in that restaurant. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I realize this is all a hypothetical. Not what I'd expect in a kiddie-theme restaurant.
    Google Shooting at Chuck E Cheese, you would be amazed at the violence at these "Kiddie-themed Restaurants"
    I was trying to reply here and thought I'd look up about a shooting that happened here a few years back and was blown out of my socks to find page after page of stories.
    You're right to also say we have our CWP's for our protection not to exercise crowd control or intervention UNLESS it escalated into having to use deadly force.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Default Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing1555 View Post
    You keep asking all these questions about when you can use your firearm. I don't think you have any bussiness even carring one.
    Goldswing: Ease up there cupcake. Everybody on here asks questions that seem to be rather elementary to others but, to that person, it is a valid question. There are some on here older than dirt and their first carry weapon was a spear. They have some good information to impart and it is beneficial to all in varying degrees. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
    There have been some very good answers to the person's question and I have enjoyed reading them. The general concensus of opinion given to his question is that (a) do not pull a gun in that situation, (b) dial 911, (c) get out of the way and remove yourself and family from danger. With all those children around, do nothing to inflame the situation and cause them to be hurt. As for the adults there, "you can't fix stupid."

Default ?

What does race have to do with your question?

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    There are some on here older than dirt and their first carry weapon was a spear. They have some good information to impart and it is beneficial to all in varying degrees.
    Hey now, my first carry weapon was a spear and I am not that old. I made it when I was in the Cub Scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
    Actually the correct phrase is,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Garison from South Park
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by molonlabe View Post
    What does race have to do with your question?
    What does race have to do with anything?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast