Alright guys help me out with this one - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Alright guys help me out with this one

This is a discussion on Alright guys help me out with this one within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; Stand your ground, not wait for him to get his back turned and run. Its over at that point, if ...

Default cgiven is correct...

Stand your ground, not wait for him to get his back turned and run. Its over at that point, if your life is in danger~protect yourself

Philadelphia ordinance does not supercede state law.
    They have tried repeatedly to preempt state law, without success.
    They don't like it, but that's the law.

Default wow really

Honestly guys n girls the man asked a question, for you who think this man shouldn't carry i would strongly disagree. The ones who shouldn't carry are the was ignorant enough to think they know all. Put a gun in the hands of a mind that questions you can train it put it in the hands of the untrainable you will have a crisis! However he should be more aware, and should learn some hand to hand disarming techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by rob929 View Post
    You should leave your gun at home because based on your question, you're obviously not responsible enough to carry it.
    Damn, what an honor to know someone who came out of the womb pulling the trigger, and has never been a "beginner" asking a question referencing something you do not know the answer, a new concept. I guess all 4 of you flunked the "Become a Firearms Instructor" course. I didn't and no question is irresponsible when it comes to firearms safety and use.

Quote Originally Posted by xhawkx View Post
    You should leave your gun at home because based on your question, you're obviously not responsible enough to carry it.
    Damn, what an honor to know someone who came out of the womb pulling the trigger, and has never been a "beginner" asking a question referencing something you do not know the answer, a new concept. I guess all 4 of you flunked the "Become a Firearms Instructor" course. I didn't and no question is irresponsible when it comes to firearms safety and use.
    Did you have anything to contribute to the conversation or did you just want to attack my opinion? Either way, you might want to go gather your thoughts before you type. Things like proper grammar, punctuation, etc., would be great. I get tired of having to read someones post 3 times just so I can try to cypher their 3rd grade level insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert James View Post
    I live in philly, where we have the stand your ground law freshly passed. Hypothetical situation here, I am standing on the train platform and a man sticks some ugly burner he picked up from some crackhead in my face and demands my loot. I say "please don't shoot me sir" blah blah blah, I hand him my wallet and watch and let him walk away or run whatever. What he doesn't know is that I'm packing a remington .45 in a back belt holster and I whip that puppy out and put three in his spinal cord (barring I'm that lucky). Now the question is, how will my self defense hold up in court?

I have gone over the whole robbing situation time and time again and this seems to be the best course of action the only problem would be legal issues. I get it I'm shooting him in his back but he threatened me with a fire arm. Would it make a difference if i got him to turn around with just enough time to pop his melon? Please give me some feedback fellas.
    You're going to jail. Anywhere, not just Philly. I recommend a good PP course that provides a lecture on the justification of defense. You use a gun to STOP a goblin, not to warn, sever a spinal cord, wound or kill the attacker. You don't aim for a leg. You don't brandish.

No matter what the rambo types have to say it will always be better for you to not shoot unless absolutely necessary. While retreat may not be the tough-guy way it will definitely reduce the chances of ruining your life with a justified shoot. Even a clean shoot will probably hurt you. Consider the legal costs, lawsuit potential from the perp or even a bystander. Consider the loss of savings, retirement, kids college funds or home equity. Use the gun only when you MUST ruin your life to save it.

I recommend reading "In The Gravest Extreme" by Mas Ayoob. --> http://www.amazon.com/Gravest-Extrem.../dp/0936279001
    Raid!!! Kills bugs dead.

If you took a concealed carry class in the state of Pennsylvania and you had to ask that
    question, I would try to get my money back because your instructor didn't teach you what
    you need to know!

Did you have anything to contribute to the conversation or did you just want to attack my opinion? Either way, you might want to go gather your thoughts before you type. Things like proper grammar, punctuation, etc., would be great. I get tired of having to read someones post 3 times just so I can try to cypher their 3rd grade level insults.
    LOL, fellas like you (know-it-all) do this all the time, you know what I stated is correct so you attack my periods,commas and sentence structure,which is BS and if it took you 3 times to figure out the intent of my post you best knock off sipping the that cheap wine you drink. Obviously your 3rd grade level intellect deciphered the post perfectly well. I could pick you out,you are the one that sits in the back of the room, never ask questions and shakes your head ,rolls your eyes when someone does ask one. I heard many know-it-alls asking what to do when walking in the hills in Afghanistan, only to get answers from those who did ask.

Quote Originally Posted by xhawkx View Post
    LOL, fellas like you (know-it-all) do this all the time, you know what I stated is correct so you attack my periods,commas and sentence structure,which is BS and if it took you 3 times to figure out the intent of my post you best knock off sipping the that cheap wine you drink. Obviously your 3rd grade level intellect deciphered the post perfectly well. I could pick you out,you are the one that sits in the back of the room, never ask questions and shakes your head ,rolls your eyes when someone does ask one. I heard many know-it-alls asking what to do when walking in the hills in Afghanistan, only to get answers from those who did ask.
    For the record, I never claimed to know-all. I posted a very simple and to the point response to a nonsense question. Apparently you view yourself as a know-it-all since you've described my traits, opinions, and tendencies. Would you care to further my point by taking a wild guess at my age, political affiliation, height & weight, eye color, sexual preference, or maybe what my favorite color is?

You are too funny....most LEO's are.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast