Zimmerman's Wife Arrested and Charged With Perjury
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Zimmerman's Wife Arrested and Charged With Perjury

This is a discussion on Zimmerman's Wife Arrested and Charged With Perjury within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury Just heard a Fox report that Mrs. Zimmerman is basically caught red-handed lying about ...

Default Zimmerman's Wife Arrested and Charged With Perjury

George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

Just heard a Fox report that Mrs. Zimmerman is basically caught red-handed lying about the account at the bond-hearing. According to Fox, bank records show eight separate withdrawals amounting to just under $75K were made before the bond hearing, at which she said by phone that she had no idea about amounts or access to the account at that time.

If that's true, and they can tie George in as being complicit in the lie(s), it gets added to his current case (right?) and I think he's toast if that happens.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

yea i saw an article about that ........not going to look good for his case
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I have to wonder if they'd put the two together, or keep the shooting separate so as not to have this charge potentially influence the jury's decision on the shooting charge.

it may effect his credibility in court
    but the case at hand is if trayvon did in fact sucker punch zim and was beating his head in the ground like he said that is justifiably reason to use his firearm imo
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Still wonder why the Martin family needs an attorney.

What dumbazzes.... like the investigators wouldn't explore ALL of those things pertaining to finances and turn over EVERY rock in their life. They get what they get. Shameful, especially since his shooting may end up being justified but now they have all this other stuff looming over them.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Just heard a Fox report that Mrs. Zimmerman is basically caught red-handed lying about the account at the bond-hearing. According to Fox, bank records show eight separate withdrawals amounting to just under $75K were made before the bond hearing, at which she said by phone that she had no idea about amounts or access to the account at that time.

If that's true, and they can tie George in as being complicit in the lie(s), it gets added to his current case (right?) and I think he's toast if that happens.

Blues
    If I remember correctly, the DA provided evidence during Zimmerman's revocation hearing of jailhouse phone calls between Z and her where they attempted to use code to discuss the money. Seems to me he has an additional charge coming his way and and she has a trial to look forward to. Really stupid legal move to try and cover up the money.

"She was booked into John E. Polk Correctional Facility and released on $1,000 bond, officials said."
    "The order issued Tuesday by Assistant State Attorney John Guy charged Shellie Zimmerman with knowingly making false statements during the April hearing."
    Shellie Zimmerman, wife of Trayvon Martin killer, arrested on perjury charge - U.S. News

I wonder if "knowingly making false statements" is an equal, greater, or lessor charge than perjury in Florida?
    “There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.”- Mr. Herbert Garrison
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."- Jeff Cooper
    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."- D. Carnegie

Shoobee is offline Banned

Perjury is normally tried separately from any other charges and normally after the underlying case.

Sounds like this judge is really peeved now.

I doubt he would combine the charges though. But I guess he could. Mucks everything up though when combined.

So now everyone knows Georgie and Mrs Georgie are given to lying. I would think the defense would want that issue tried separately before the judge, not combined with the other charges before the jury.

If the defense counsel knew about the funds, then he is toast too.

Thanks for this update, very interesting, BluesStringer.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    it may effect his credibility in court
    but the case at hand is if trayvon did in fact sucker punch zim and was beating his head in the ground like he said that is justifiably reason to use his firearm imo
    The issue at hand is whether it happened as Zimmerman claims. If the judge believes him, the case might get dismissed. If not dismissed, and the jury believes him, he gets acquitted. If both find him to be a liar then he probably gets convicted.

If the prosecutor can use the perjury allegation at a trial of the shooting, it may well affect his credibility. The legal question will be whether to let in evidence of a lie taking place outside of the trail to prove the witness is lying at the trail. That is very different from letting in evidence that the witness lied during the trial. Had Zimmerman appeared before a grand jury considering the shooting and said something inconsistent it would in all likelihood be allowed in at the trail. This alleged lie, however, arose in a procedural rather than substantive matter, even though directly connected with the same matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Blues
    Wow, law enforcement has made sure Shellie Zimmerman got arrested real darn quick for perjury. Why hasn't Eric Holder been arrested throughout his entire process????
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast