Deltona couple carjacked in their driveway
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By hogdoc357
  • 1 Post By hogdoc357
  • 2 Post By Babarock
  • 1 Post By Nightmare45
  • 1 Post By wolf_fire

This is a discussion on Deltona couple carjacked in their driveway within the Deadly Force and The Law forums, part of the Main Category category; Deltona couple carjacked in their driveway BY PATRICIO G. BALONA, STAFF WRITER June 12, 2012 10:34 AM Posted in: News ...

Default Deltona couple carjacked in their driveway

BY PATRICIO G. BALONA, STAFF WRITER
    June 12, 2012 10:34 AM Posted in: News
    A man and woman were carjacked Monday night in the driveway of their Deltona home, a sheriff's spokesman said this morning.

The incident happened on Kettering Road at 10:58 p.m. Monday, said sheriff's spokesman Brandon Haught.

Christopher Manos, 34, and Sarah Anderson, 21, told a deputy they saw a car following them after they left a convenience store on Deltona Boulevard. When they pulled into their driveway, the car pulled in right after them, an incident report shows.

According to the report, Manos got out of his car and was confronted by a suspect armed with a handgun. Manos said the armed carjacker demanded his car keys, pistol-whipped him and "told him to hurry up."

The suspect, described as a thin black man with a shirt wrapped around his head to hide his face, then got into the victim's car and drove away. An unseen driver in the suspect vehicle that followed the couple also drove off.

Manos wasn't seriously hurt and refused medical attention at the scene.

The stolen vehicle was a four-door, gray 2009 Nissan Altima with tinted windows and license plate number A303TB. The suspect vehicle is possibly a white Chevy Impala. Anyone who has information about the incident is asked to call investigators at (386) 860-7030 or Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida, toll-free, at (888) 277-TIPS.

Tipsters can also provide information by texting "TIP231 plus the message" to CRIMES. Anyone who provides information to Crime Stoppers will remain anonymous and can qualify for a reward of up to $1,000.
    gun control is being able to hit your target

hogdoc357 is offline HogDoc Olliday

Wow, this brings things closer to home and reality. Most of us will find ourselves in a situation where we are running to the store at night. This could have been any of us with our spouse. Here in GA not long ago, a fellow went to a local grocery store at night for some orange juice. He was a CCW permit holder and was armed. In the parking lot, he was confronted by a man with a knife who wanted to rob him and threatened him. He defended himself and shot the guy. You just never know what can happen in the course of a normal day.
    Byron
    "HogDoc Olliday"
    NRA*SASS*IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by hogdoc357 View Post
    Wow, this brings things closer to home and reality. Most of us will find ourselves in a situation where we are running to the store at night. This could have been any of us with our spouse. Here in GA not long ago, a fellow went to a local grocery store at night for some orange juice. He was a CCW permit holder and was armed. In the parking lot, he was confronted by a man with a knife who wanted to rob him and threatened him. He defended himself and shot the guy. You just never know what can happen in the course of a normal day.
    very true and the reason i finally decided to get a concealed carry permit was when a few homes in the neighborhood were robbed and my neighbor right across the street robbed of her purse at gunpoint at night in her own driveway! that was enough to get me motivated into seriously considering arming myself as i not getting any younger and becoming an easier target as the years roll on .....it's my birthday today and another year older as we speak
    ok i'm off to see a movie with a friend 'prometheous' spelling?? cya later be safe

hogdoc357 is offline HogDoc Olliday

Happy birthday, eagleeyes! Have a great day.
    Byron
    "HogDoc Olliday"
    NRA*SASS*IDPA

Happy Birthday.

Now if we see/think a car is following us home, what do we do boy and girls? No we don't go home and wait in the driveway, we drive somewhere else like the police station or after a couple of turns to confirm we call 911 - Ok?
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock View Post
    Happy Birthday.

Now if we see/think a car is following us home, what do we do boy and girls? No we don't go home and wait in the driveway, we drive somewhere else like the police station or after a couple of turns to confirm we call 911 - Ok?
    Leading the BG home, call 911, call home and say honey bringing someone home for LAST SUPPER.

Get that CCW out and ready....We used to have rowdy neighborhood kids....their smart mouths never knew I was armed when I would tell them it was after midnight, go home! These boys knew my boys... They were running their mouths one day remembering me telling the to get home and my older sister was there and shot her mouth off that I was always armed....the looks on their faces... Yeah, I confirmed it....they learned respect for the unknown that day. I'd say it was a good life lesson...they were basically good boys that didn't want anyone telling them what to do, lol. They never mouthed me again..they no longer were out after midnight walking the neighborhood either. Respect, equalizer. Aren't those words inter-changeable?

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock View Post
    Happy Birthday.

No.... we press hard on both the gas and the brakes at the same time turning the steering wheel hard left so we can do a 180 degree turn in the street, we then kick it into reverse so the person following us is in our field of vision. We then open up on them with a turreted AR-15 which is dash mounted so we are never the sheep. That's what stand your ground means, right?

And before I get a thousand replies, yes this was sarcasm in its most basic form. Have a wonderful day folks and Happy Birthday eagleeyes!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

AR-15 nothing. Go big or go home
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

now THAT'S a GUN lolz barbarock
    thanks all for the b'day wishes too