Newspaper Posting Requirement (NCC)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Newspaper Posting Requirement (NCC)

This is a discussion on Newspaper Posting Requirement (NCC) within the Delaware Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Has anyone lately gone through the newspaper notification requirement in New Castle County for the CCW? I am assuming that ...

Default Newspaper Posting Requirement (NCC)

Has anyone lately gone through the newspaper notification requirement in New Castle County for the CCW?

I am assuming that the News Journal would suffice to meet the requirement, but am not sure.

Also, is there suggested wording for the advertisement?

Many thanks,

Mark

Please explain this NCC you speak of. Never heard of it.

G50AE is offline Banned

I think NCC = New Castle County.

Yes. New Castle County. Delaware requires that an applicant advertise their intent to apply. However, I wasn't sure what the posting had to say. I was hoping to find an example to follow.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mark56de View Post
    Delaware requires that an applicant advertise their intent to apply.
    Which has to be one of the dumbest requirements for getting a CCW IMHO. Good luck with your endeavors, let us know how it turns out.

None the less, it's a requirement.

Default Found my own answer

I was able to find public notices that appear to meet the Delaware requirements. The wording was very consistent from advertisement to advertisement

LEGAL NOTICE
    RE: DEADLY WEAPON
    I, <full name>. residing at <address including ZIP Code> will make application to the judges of the superior court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County at Wilmington for the next term for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon, or weapons, for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both.

<full name>
    <date>

I found it at

Delaware Public Notice

using "concealed" in the search word box.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark56de View Post
    I was able to find public notices that appear to meet the Delaware requirements. The wording was very consistent from advertisement to advertisement

LEGAL NOTICE
    RE: DEADLY WEAPON
    I, <full name>. residing at <address including ZIP Code> will make application to the judges of the superior court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County at Wilmington for the next term for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon, or weapons, for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both.

<full name>
    <date>

I found it at

Delaware Public Notice

using "concealed" in the search word box.

Mark
    WTF kind of crap is that? Way to make yourself a target for the ANTI's!!!, I just looked up DE in my travel guide and it seems that there more or less gun friendly over all but damn, Is that only New Castle that pulls that? DE has preemption.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    WTF kind of crap is that? Way to make yourself a target for the ANTI's!!!, I just looked up DE in my travel guide and it seems that there more or less gun friendly over all but damn, Is that only New Castle that pulls that? DE has preemption.
    No, it is the entire state. And YES, like I said before it is one of the dumbest rules for CCW aplications. FWIW, I think this thread should be made a sticky because of the unique requirement for this state.

Default It is what it is.

As has been mentioned at least twice, people think this is a dumb law. However, it is the law.

It doesn't help to complain about the law here and say nothing to the people that make the laws.

We are all fond of saying that the law only hurts law-abiding, responsible citizens, and does nothing for the criminal. It's true, but if you're a law-abiding citizen, you'll comply with the law.

Delaware is a "may issue" state, so one will need to have an immaculate application. If you don't want to do the newspaper posting, don't apply for the permit. On the other hand, Delaware is (in theory) an open carry state, and you don't need to comply with the newspaper posting requirement to do that.

It could be worse. In Illinois (I think, but could be wrong), a judge is allowing a freedom of information act request from a newspaper for a listing of all individuals with permit, which includes address information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast