Get a Florida Permit to Carry in Delaware?

Get a Florida Permit to Carry in Delaware?

This is a discussion on Get a Florida Permit to Carry in Delaware? within the Delaware Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; As I understand it Delaware is a Restrictive May-Issue state. However, it does honor the FL non-resident permit. Since there ...

Default Get a Florida Permit to Carry in Delaware?

As I understand it Delaware is a Restrictive May-Issue state. However, it does honor the FL non-resident permit.

Since there is a way to get around the restrictive May-Issue law via the FL nonres permit, why doesn't DE just go Shall-Issue?

netentity is offline Obama is a mack daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    They are stupid.
    No, the voters of DE are stupid. Keep in mind that if you are a DE resident you are required to get a DE CCW. Reciprocity does not apply to DE residents per the DE AG's office.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Hi friends-
    I have a Florida permit and am planning to head up to Delaware for the weekend. I can't find anything that clearly states the laws about where I can and can't carry, ie restaurants, parks etc... I'm hoping to camp, and am always armed when I'm out in the woods. Any info on the laws? Thanks!

Good Morning,
    I've filled in all the squares and start my Delaware ccw class today. BEFORE I do my application , does anybody know if there's any particular verbage (reason-you-want -a-CCW-permit) that goes over better on the form ? Thanks all !

Quote Originally Posted by billkight View Post
    Good Morning,
    I've filled in all the squares and start my Delaware ccw class today. BEFORE I do my application , does anybody know if there's any particular verbage (reason-you-want -a-CCW-permit) that goes over better on the form ? Thanks all !
    As I understand it, it depends upon the judge that reviews your application. Some applicants seem to get their permit by simply stating they want it for self-defense...others have had their application denied for simply putting self-defense as the reason.

The folks at this forum - Delaware Open Carry - are very helpful. Don't let the title of Open Carry dissuade you from asking...many have CCW permits are very knowledgeable.

Here is another forum - Delaware Concealed Carry - not as much traffic on this forum as the other, but they are nice, helpful folks.

Good Luck!!!
    Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
    Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
    -Unknown-